Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Divorce Sucks Revisited...

In my continuing quest to get over the divorce, I bought ( and drank) a bottle of pre-mixed
Long Island Iced Tea last night. You may have noticed my profile photo. Taken
immediately following my moving out. Been experimenting more with alcohol
these days than I ever have in my life.
And yet I still don't drink more than say, once a week. I just can't stomach too much booze.

That said, the reason I even mention last night's drinking excursion is because I am laughing
at the songs that I discovered in my i-tunes this morning.
*Note*
I like having my music in my i-tunes, it amuses me the way I'll have, say, Illya Kuryaki and
the Valderrama's" Abarajame" playing, it ends, and immediately following that comes James
Gang's " The Bomber." That literally just happened. The Bomber is playing right now as I type
this. Illya Kuryaki and the Valderrama, well that's just funny. No one that I know has heard of them, but
they are a Latin American Hip hop group, and they crack me up. Download "Abarajame"
and see why. It's hilarious because I find myself cranking it when they are rapping certain
words, and it's because the WAY they say things amuses me, but in fact I have NO IDEA
what they are singing! But if you were to see me turning up the volume on certain words,
you'd think I DID know.
The reason I even remember that song is because it used to play on
Latin American MTV all the time back when we briefly had it. L.A.MTV kicked ASS over
US MTV. Played a lot of Slayer, Metallica, Pantera, Korn, etc. And this was at a time before
Korn was even known in America. They played " Shoots and Ladders " all the time.
They used to play this one video all the time, and we found ourselves watching and laughing,
and it was Illya Kuriyake and the Valderrama. They had everything in their video.
There was a pretty Latina woman dancing on a balcony in a electric blue bikini, with a huge
fro, and a David Carradine Kung Fu guy walking around in the shaolin robe.
It was the David Carradine guy that got my attention first. I LOVE the old show Kung Fu.
But I digress...

So the fact that I have "Abarajame" next to James Gang's "the Bomber", that's pretty funny
to me.

But to get to my original point - The songs that I discovered in my i-tunes this morning,
after my drinking excursion of last night. Oh God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home