Saturday, October 29, 2005

Yeah!!!

Tonight I met a bunch of different musicians. T was introducing me
to various people, some amazing jazz musicians, and when he did,
he said " This is Lisa, I'm going to be producing her album."

And it was like a dream come true. I played and sang for him tonight,
and it turned out that he liked my stuff! He said " You actually know
how to construct a song! And I like how your voice goes with your chords,
the chords are unique, and so is your voice."
And he told me that he liked my words, I know for a fact he really liked the
words to one song in particular. I'm going to get all my stuff copywritten. Published.
He said that I need to.
He has fifty million music projects going on, he's finishing up
an album right now. But supposedly, allegedly, he is going to call me in a week,
possibly two, to begin recording. Sucks, I'm still afraid that it's not going to happen.
It's the self doubt, I guess.

It was cool because when I was playing, he was listening intently, and at one point he said,
" I can definitely do something with these, these are actually good songs!"
So I'm happy, I did the hard part, which was go in there and find out if I'm good enough
for him to want to work with me. And YAY! He does! : )
I thought he might, if he actually heard me. It was the one thing I felt kinda confident about.
The music itself. He'd already heard me sing, which was how I'd even met him in the first place.

Whew!I'm so relieved!
But yet, I hope I didn't jinx myself or something, merely for spewing forth about it. I don't trust the universe when it comes to shit like this. Good things. When it comes to good things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home