Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Mysterious Bejeweled Thingamabob -What Is This?



I found something beautiful the other day, glittering in the sun. No one was around. At first I thought it might be a very expensive pen. The jewels (from a distance) looked as if they could be real. I pocketed the rather weighty item, went on my way.
Little did I know!
My first stop was a friend at the bank. I figured "H" would quickly tell me what it was. If anyone would know, it would be H. I was wrong. And now H is also very curious about the object. I asked B, and J, and L, and M, and K, and on and on. No one knew.
And now 9 people are also very curious to know: What is this Mysterious Bejeweled Doohicky Thingamabob? It appears to be well-made, though the diamonds and sapphires are not real( aw,shucks;). There is black enameling between the silver inlay. The only thing I can guess is perhaps "calligraphy pen with tip broken off."
I pose the question to you: What is this?







4 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

well, you pose a good question. It is beautiful. but what is it? i don't know either. a gorgeous thingamajig. could be part of a hair stick. interesting find.
but more interesting, is that you posted!!! :) :) You haven't abondened blogger! xo

10:20 PM  
Blogger ... said...

Hmmm...I think it may be a control stick for a tiny space craft...but that's just me...

love,
brogue

1:19 PM  
Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Hi, Lisa

Don't know what it is, but glad to see that you are still blogging occasionally. I also have been a very bad blogger! - both in visiting and keeping up to date on my own!

Cathyxox

5:06 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
Long time no see!

I thought it was a fancy pen too! I have no idea, you're guess is as good as mine.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home