Friday, August 24, 2007

Weirdness...

There's been some weirdness here, strange little things happening. It's been going on for awhile now:

- - -


Someone left these tall flowering plants, roots and all, laying across the hood of my
car a little over a week ago. Exactly one week after that, they left an empty
12-pack of Coors light.
Except I don't think the box was originally empty. I think
someone stole the beer that was left on top of my car for me. It's that kind of neighborhood. If you leave something outside on the sidewalk or on top of your car
for 2 days (like I did with this beer), someone will walk off with it. Especially if it's beer. ;)
I don't like beer, actually. But the person obviously doesn't know this.

The flowers sprout from red, heart shaped bulbs...
They'd been careful not to get dirt on my car, even though they'd left the roots attached. And they knew which silver car out there was mine. I seem to have a secret admirer, I guess. Isn't that what people used to call this sort of thing? I dunno.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Hey

I was thinking about you yesterday and today. Was glad to see your posting on R's blog so I came out to see if you had updated this one. Sounds like things are well.

Heat index today was 105, but we just had a major thunderstorm that has brought the temperature down quite a bit.

My daughter started college last week and my son goes back to school Tuesday. He is not happy about it, but I am! He needs some more structure back in his life. Living way too free this summer.

Take care
Cathy xox

6:02 PM  
Blogger grace said...

Hi Lisa,

That was nice to find flowers on your hood of your car. Maybe it is a secret admirer? Leaving the beer was fairly rude, though.

Glad to see you back! We missed you. All is well here, the dogs are good.

I hope not too much more wierdness for you.

take care xx

7:53 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Hey there, I was wondering how you are. I would be confused by someone leaving flowers that were uprooted, but moreso (as I drink beer from time to time) the low quality of Coor's? ewe.

I don't know. Follow your tummy. Listen to your heart! And post more often!!! I think I was worried about you a little, somewhat....So glad to see you posting.

whew!

-ginab+bb

4:47 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Nice to see you back, Lisa! Gina gives sound advice.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Maybe you can leave a note for the person next time? (on the hood of your car?)

But no... I would feel weirded out too...

Good luck with this, lisa.... really.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home