Saturday, June 09, 2007

Weekend Thoughts...

It's been too hot lately, my energy level has been lower. I still walk daily, but the heat in the afternoon has been getting to me. It's been getting to Chicky Woo, as well -he's taken to stealing the best spot in the house, in front of the AC. And he sits there with his rump to it, the blast ruffling the fur all over his body. I've never seen a cat do this. Oh, he's stolen my seat a thousand and one times, but this sitting directly in front of the AC is new. Aw, poor Chicky.
Now get out of my spot!;)
*note* I checked him over, actually, to make sure he wasn't heatstroked or dehydrated. He's fine. He's just a brat. ;)

Otherwise I'm laying low, stressing out about an upcoming divorce court date. It had been delayed, rescheduled due to that Memorial Day weekend. That's why I'd not mentioned the Big Day again. Actually, I'd wondered about that in the 1st place when I filed the papers and received that initial court date. I knew it was going to be around the holiday. Sure enough.
So the Big Day is a couple weeks from now.
Plus my various old physical injuries are worse than ever. There are specifics and
it's just the way it is. :( I deal with it. I'm not complaining, not really.

I'm trying to enjoy the weekend and catch up on blogging, nothing I can do right now or tomorrow, eh?
It was you all checking in that is helping me to get through this stuff. As usual I want to say more but I shouldn't. I appreciate you a lot. I hope you all are doing better than I am, for sure. And I know that I could be doing worse myself, there is always that potential. Eeeek!
So I am grateful for the good in life that I have. I should say that more often, I admit. " I am grateful for the good things in my life."
Such as blogger friends. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lisa,
Glad to read that you're keeping yourself well. It's strange that your cat has headed to the AC since cats are generally looking for warmth. Ours tend to sleep in the bathroom sinks and tubs to stay cool in the hot months of summer. Right now, it's in the low 70s, and they're just relaxing on the balcony, soaking it in.

Stay strong, Lisa! You're going to get through this.

xx
AM

8:52 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Sorry I missed this post! I say everyone needs to or everyone would benefit if they were to say aloud: I am grateful... just as you say it here.

You'll be okay and your cat sounds smart! Reminds me of Bea Bea! I mean, the behavior is a little doglike. Beabs put her snout to the face of the fan today, I think to cool herself. Made me a wee bit nervous, but all is well and we're hanging in there (too!).

our best wishes to you dove,
-ginab+bb

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home