Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mr. Critical...


- - -


Live!Looking -like -crap -in -the -middle -of- a- nervous -breakdown, it's Nabonidus!:)
Aw, I don't care. I came up with more lyrics for Mr. Critical and it made me feel a little better:

I say the sky is blue and you say it's gray
Mr.Critical
You pick apart everything that I say
Mr. Critical
Can't seem to say or do anything right
for you
I think it's clear we're through
Don't you?

You'd rather find fault with me
Then try to change yourself
It's always easier
to blame someone else

That's what I have so far. Needs work but it's coming along now. Makes me feel a little better because this is what I feel happened with us recently. He didn't want to stop drinking, he knew if he stayed with me he'd have to stop certain things, and he didn't want to stop. He's destroying himself. :(
I saw him fall back in love with me and he'd even admitted it. And it scared him.
I saw that, too. I didn't do a damned thing wrong in this reconciliation except try to help him.
I feel better for having said this because it has bothered me badly ever since it happened. It's like I did whatever I was supposed to do in the reconciliation process, but somehow I am looking like the bad guy.
One minute we were happy and falling back in love, next thing I know he's literally
inventing things to be mad at me about. I even have proof but I can't talk about it-I even was able to confront him with proof that he was purposely starting fights with me for no reason! God, I wish I could tell about this insanity. :(

Anyway. I'd better concentrate on my song. Else I get too sad again.
I like my new song. It's not that bad.*note* My voice is coming back from this horrible laryngitis, it's the first vocals I've done in awhile. It's hard for me to
sing "quietly" which is what I'm doing here -I sound best when projecting. But all the neighbors are in their yard right now eating, I can hear them and I think they can hear me. Don't really feel like giving them dinner theater tonight. :)

13 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Ugh, now humour doesn't get darker than that joking at the start!

The words are really good, though very painful too, knowing the context. I like the chords and rhythm, and the part where it goes lower is good. Sure it's still a work in progress, but that stuff is very visible already.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hehe, sorry about that humour-
I definitely have that dark edge
at times, I admit.
And thanks, Maria for listening and
appreciating what I'm trying to do with this one -it tells me that it's coming out the way I meant it to. :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Lisa,
I think this is a great song, because it comes from the heart, and from deep inside you.

I used a line in my novel that your lyrics reminded me of. Feel free to throw it in if it works:

You say you love me, but you don't even like me.

That's what I was thinking when I read your lyrics.

Hang in there, sweetheart, you've got so much going for you.

xx
AM

P.S. I love the penguin quip!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks Anne Marie!
Heheh, I do admit I hope you like it because it's good, too ;)
I do like your words, actually.
I'll see if I can't add them, since I have permission! Hehehehe....

1:00 PM  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Lisa, what excellent lyrics, very heartfelt but also, they just work so well! I know how much pain you are in, my love, but if you can exorcise it with this level of creativity it can only help. I'm so glad that you share it with us, even the dark humour. Good song as well. You have a good voice, so when it is finished and 'polished' it will be great.

hang true and hang in there, sweetie xxx

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Val, you helped me so much just now,
you are like an angel to me!I can't even tell you how much it helps-Thank
you so much! :) xoxoxo

2:52 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

The words are melodic and flow, therefore, so well. They reveal your feelings clearly and make no mistake I am sorry events turned out as they appear to be turning. I think you look great and I would bet the house your neighbors would love to hear your music no matter what.

I'm thinking Tom Waits is more interesting to hear than the crash bang crack and rumble I hear below me night after night (game boy?),so I am blasting him with the windows open. Yep. And likewise music can relieve the ordinary, can relieve (period).

hang on there,
-ginab

3:39 PM  
Blogger Dan L. said...

At least you have an outlet!

Be well, OK?

--Dan L.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Oh, Gina, I'm sorry to hear about the gameboy beneath you! Hehe, double entendre. It would drive me nuts, I know how that stuff can be.
It's why I can't live in apartments.
We've had bad luck with that.The last apartment was meth users all night
partying on the other side of my bedroom wall. Right next to my head
when I tried to sleep >:(
Anyway, thanks for the compliments,
you help me a lot. :) xoxo

And Dan, you are right, I know.
I need to be thankful for whatever
things I have, including outlets.
And blogger friends. ;)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Nice cogent but simple lyrics. Nice jazzy guitar. Courageous. Good luck fine-tuning it. Just the fact you wrote something original blows me away; I've never tried to write a song, not really!

As Dan said, it's an outlet... which is a godsend for you, Lisa. Grasp it fully with your soul and create something of lasting beauty out of the ashes (especially if it helps others' pain too).

BTW, you look great.

(p.s. about gameboys, etc... my husband always plays this REALLY loud interactive war game in the basement at night while I'm blogging... so I know all about those boom, boom computer noises! LOL)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

P.S.

Lisa, have you ever read Codependent No More by Beattie? (or something similar?)

If not, and if you you'd like to, I have a copy I could offer.

It was hard reading for me a few years ago, but very helpful.

- Lucy.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Lisa dear, It's good to see you again, virtually speaking. I haven't done much blogging lately. But I am glad I found my way back here. Your song is so real.

I know what he's like and I haven't even met him...too familiar.

You are beautiful and talented and a survivor of all things.

And I love your expressions and lovely wild hair. I would enjoy hanging out with you sometime if I ever get to southern Calif. instead of northern every time. Meanwhile, sending you hugs and thanks for being you.

Brina

5:52 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Brina!
Nice to see you! You always make me feel better. :)
But I'm going to your blog right now...

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home