Thursday, November 10, 2005

Healing...

I think I might be starting to heal from the past couple of years
of loss. Losing my parents, my husband, my ex-first love and mentor
Mike, some friends that were my friends when I was married, but not now
that I am single. My in-laws. Death and divorce.
Real loss.

I swear it was fate that put me in contact with certain people lately.
Recently, out of the blue, I became interested in checking out other people's
blogs. Started checking out all the blogs I could, when previously I would
just concentrate on my own. When I would log in, I would skip all the listings of
other people's blogs.
So recently, when I was logging in, a blog title caught my eye. I checked it out,
then checked out a couple of others, and wound up meeting the neatest, sunniest,
funniest, sweetest people. They've really been cheering me up lately.
It's nice to be able to smile and laugh again, and talking to other people. I've been so lonely,
for so long.
Last Christmas, I found to my horror that my next door neighbors must've heard me weeping and carrying on. I didn't realize that they had a side door in their dining room that was open, and they were eating christmas dinner. The side door faced my window, I was sooo embarrassed when the neighbor showed up out of the blue to invite me to dinner. I went, but jeez, It was embarrassing. The looks on their faces, they all felt sorry for me.
Been spending christmases and birthdays and all other holidays alone for a couple of years now.
It's weird being all alone in the world. I don't have any family except for one brother in L.A.
he doesn't celebrate christmas. I've been trying so hard not to feel sorry for myself these past
recent years.

But to get back to what I was trying to say, I've been feeling slightly less alone since finding these blog friends. However fleeting , however far away, I'm happy to have them
in my life right now.
I'm very much living in the now when it comes to appreciating them. I guess that might be
a positive side- effect from all this loss, I don't take love for granted anymore, I treasure
the kindness of other people in a way that I never did when I was younger.
I'm so used to people being unkind, cruel, that now when I meet and talk to nice people,
I marvel at their kindness.
I remember when I first got divorced, meeting people here and there, grocery store,
laundromat. When they were nice to me, sometimes I would go away and cry, and whisper
to myself " Thank you for being nice to me."
Because I guess I felt like I didn't deserve to be treated nicely. I didn't deserve for people to like me. I'd been trapped in the house for so many years, I would literally go months without ever even going out once. All I knew was cruelty.
So I guess I was shellshocked when I finally saw the sun again.

When I finally went outside again, the sounds seemed louder, the colors brighter,
and I felt dizzy with being overwhelmed. The sun was blinding. It was like sensory overload. So it was in this
state that I was being overwhelmed by people's kindness.
I am at this moment coming to terms with the fact that I was abused. : (

I guess my pride didn't want to let me admit it. I am admitting it now for the first time.
If your husband sabotages the car so you can't ever leave, and he knows you can't walk far
because of your back injuries, and he doesn't let you do anything, and tells you that you
are scum, a piece of shit that no one would want, that's abuse. If he hits you and chokes you, that's abuse. He controlled everything. Even the shampoo I used, the tampons I used.
He chose everything. I had no say.
It's embarrassing to admit it. I never could talk about this before. I was too scared. Too
proud. My ex knew I had no family, no one to speak up for me, check up on me. He was
able to take advantage of this.
I'm going to stop now. I'm crying hard as I type this. Yet I'm refusing to be anything other than naked now. Naked writing. I'm spewing what's in my soul. My secrets.
But I wanted to say that I appreciate the new people I've been meeting thanks to my blog.
I appreciate you. You have been good for my soul. I'm going to post this before I lose my nerve.

9 Comments:

Blogger Model citizen said...

I had posted this earlier in someone's blog, but...

you ARE deserving of happiness, and kindness, and generosity.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thank you for saying so, Jessica!
I guess it took me a long time to realize that. To be honest, I suppose
I'm still realizing it.
This particular post was a milestone for me. After I wrote it yesterday, I started shaking all over, it was that momentous of an occasion for me.
I've still not used the word "abuse" out loud, talking to someone.
The fact that I was able to say it means that I now see that it was wrong, that I didn't deserve it.
Finally!
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. You are helping me. : )

7:42 AM  
Blogger Stuee said...

All power to you Lisa, I don't know you but I feel proud of you!
Jess is right, you are worthy and deserving of love and kindness.

As I said at the end of my "It's All Good..." post:
We love you, so it's ok to love yourself too :-)

Keep smiling Lisa,
Love 'n' light, Stuee xxx

P.S. I just replied to your "How does this stuff happen to me?" post too x

8:17 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Stuee, you are such a sweetie,
I love you all too. I've actually been happier lately than I've been for a very long time.It's so nice to hear someone say that they are proud of me.
I admit that I did think about suicide
sometimes the past couple of years.
Another naked confession.
But I'm glad I hung in there, to be able to meet people like you all.
Thank you Stuee. You have a special
soul. xoxo
Lisa

8:29 AM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

I had a series of loss and bad difficult things happening. One after another after another. When I saw the light at the end, I was not real quick to embrace it. Now that I have, life has taken on a new glow. You have many great things coming. Some have arrived already. Make the choice and embrace the light. I know that all sounds easy and it is not. Encinitas is one of my favorite towns in the world. I really enjoy the whole San Diego area.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks, Joe. I liken it to going 12
rounds with Mike Tyson - he keeps knocking me on my ass, I try to get up, just when I get to my feet, shaky but standing, he knocks me down again.
I really am trying to embrace the light. I hear what you are saying
about that.It's not so easy.There's a lot of fear involved.
And I sooo hope you are right about great things coming!You are right about certain good things happening
already. But it's good that I hope,
because I didn't even have that,
until recently.
Thanks again,Joe
Lisa : )

10:17 AM  
Blogger Model citizen said...

Even if you've got to say it out loud in the mirror (this worked for me)...DO IT

"I am beautiful. I am a strong woman. I deserve happiness. I am beautiful! And I WILL NOT TOLERATE abuse! I will dust myself off and try again! I am beautiful, and everything will be ok."

You'd be surprised how you feel after doing something that sounds so silly.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I can use all the help that I can get, so I will try this. Might not be as easy as it sounds, though.
But I will do it!Thanks!
Lisa oxo

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Hello Nabonidus,

I'd likt share this with you....

My Son and I were blessed today 11/11/05, with the sight of two white doves flying together. I put pictures up on my blog to share with you.

Peace, love and light to you and yours.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home