Tuesday, November 08, 2005

How Does This Stuff Happen To Me?

This reminds me of my Battlebot cactus story posted long ago.
If you've read that far back in my blog, you've been warned :)
This might not be for the squeamish.

Just now, after I'd gotten home from voting, I had
a pen in my mouth and was looking for my checkbook.
I couldn't find it.
I'm walking around, looking under papers, etc, starting to get
ever-so-slightly panicky. In this spirit of distraction, I spotted
my checkbook lying between the wall and the nightstand, it had fallen down
there. I'm glad I thought to check there.
So forgetting that the pen is in my mouth, I bend forward to reach down and
grab the book, except I guess I kinda stumbled a little, lost my balance my face almost hit the wall, the pen DID hit the wall, the force of it drove the pen into my mouth really hard,
and stabbed the underside of my tongue so bad that it's bleeding, cut, and hurts like hell!
I can actually feel a floppy piece of skin in there, where it stabbed and broke the skin!
What is wrong with me?
Jeez! I'm so klutzy! This was like when the Battlebot cactus needle poked into the side of my head!
Just thought I'd share that with you. It almost became one of those scenes from that old show Rescue 911. Don't be dumb enough to fall face-first against a wall with a pen sticking out of your mouth. Especially if you have a history of freak accidents like this. LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuee said...

My grandfather (rest his soul) told me a story once, about him and his friends just larking about one summer's day.
They were all sat atop a farm gate, just chatting & fooling around. One of the kids had found a longish piece of cane and had it in his mouth, making it go up & down with his teeth.
Another kid came up behind to surprise them and tickled the kid with the cane, who wriggled & fell forward off the gate, causing the cane to penetrate the roof of his mouth and enter his brain, killing him instantly. Jesus!

It could be worse Lisa! xx

8:08 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow! Damn! And I thought my
incident was bad!
Hey, you reminded me of something
I heard once :
When I was a pet groomer, my fellow groomers, two older ladies, were telling how they'd heard recently that an old woman was killed by a Dorito.
It cut the inside of her throat somehow, she bled to death.
I couldn't help it, the idea of a tortilla chip killing someone made
me laugh hard! And they got so mad at me, and one said " Well! I don't find it the least bit funny!"
OOOOPS!
Thanks for cheering me up, Stuee.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home