Thursday, November 03, 2005

Memory Foam Already...

It got here already! That was a shock!
It was folded in half, and then rolled up. Looked like
a giant styrofoam ball.

My God, it was difficult to unroll , then peel it apart,
because it was all stuck together! It just wouldn't take
the shape of a big, flat rectangle. I laid it on the floor and
walked around on it. Tried to reshape it into a bed shape.
I did succeed, sort of.

I have it on the bed now, with sheets on it. I think it's changing into
the correct shape now.
But it sure as hell didn't look like the ones I see in pictures and on
TV! Those are perfectly flat, clearly they took those straight from
the factory, unpacked..

It made my bed a whole lot taller, which is really
cool, I've always loved tall beds.
My brother had an awesome bed when we were kids, I was jealous.
He had a captain's bed, a big, solid wood bed with drawers underneath, and you
had to climb up to get in it. I've wanted a bed like that ever since. Still don't
have one, yet. When my brother got the captain's bed, I got a trundle bed.
It had a roll out bed underneath. It was nice, but not my style. The trundle bed
was for girlish sleepovers, it did wind up getting used.

Anyway...
I hope the memory foam helps my back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nabonidus said...

Yeah, lol, the "girlish sleepovers"
was a sarcastic reference to my mom, it was her idea.
She'd bought a bedroom set, matching curtains, a comforter, etc. It was
bright yellow with orange flowers, I hated it. But it WAS very 70's, come to think of it...
I'd wanted blue, purple, or pink.
But of course I had no say in the matter.
She was trying to foo-foo me up, that is, make me into an ultra-feminine girly-girl. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and wasn't happy about it at all.
That's funny that you have one!
The one thing that was a consolation for me was that the boogie man couldn't hide under my bed. I knew
there was no space under there for boogie men. : )

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home