Monday, October 31, 2005

20 #*&%$* Pounds Part 2...

I am posting at this point to make the statement that I am
not this harsh and judgemental to other people that are overweight.
Just to myself. I don't even care if people are obese, whatever.
And in fact, I've noticed that it seems to be the last great acceptable
prejudice. It's ok to make all the mean fat jokes on tv, it's the height of hilarity
on sitcoms .
But if I say things that are unkind about this issue, it's strictly with regards
to myself. I really don't think of other people so unforgivingly, as I do myself.
I forgive other people almost anything.

And it's funny, I've noticed that most of the people I've surrounded myself with
in the past were the opposite. Far more forgiving of their own faults, and far less
so when it comes to other people.
This was/is NOT a good combination. If you are the kind of person that is harder on
yourself, watch out for this.
Because you both wind up beating up on YOU. Both mentally-emotionally, maybe
even physically.
YOU get the shit end of the stick, so to speak.

Anyway. Not a good subject but I wanted to clarify my opinion about people that
might be obese or morbidly obese. I am not judging you. Just myself.

It's very unhealthy, though, I have to admit. My ex's boss
died from complications of being very overweight, about 2 years ago. That was so sad, I can't even begin to tell you...
He had diabetes, the kind from being very overweight. Type 1? Type 2? And it went from there. He was only about 45 when he died. My ex said that he ate donuts and cake, all kinds of things. Didn't take care of himself. His feet, toes were rotting off from it. He broke
everyone's hearts when he died. He was a good guy. : (

I knew someone else who got other sorts of complications from the same type of diabetes. Sexual impotency problems. He was also very overweight and didn't know that he had diabetes for a long time. Byt the time he found out, it had done some damage in a certain area. Yep.

So, um, if you are reading this and happen to be very overweight and not feeling that great anymore, and you don't know why, go to the doctor. Especially if you are having any trouble with your eyes, or groin, or toes. Etc. There's a chance that you have undiagnosed diabetes and they can help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home