Saturday, November 05, 2005

Rocky Horror Picture Show...

First let me say that the memory foam seems to have worked for a 2nd
day - my back feels better this morning. I'm happy about this! : )

I was watching something that reminded me of Rocky Horror Picture Show,
they'd made reference to " Let's do the time warp again" and I went a'
scrolling down memory lane...

My friends and I used to ingest certain substances, of a hallucinogenic variety,
and dress up in elaborate outfits, costumes, and go see TRHPS.
Every week for awhile there, Saturday nights at the Kent theatre. Shrooms,
acid. No speed, coke, or anything like that. No alcohol. Ecstacy would probably
been popular if it was readily available back then.
I remember wearing the most flamboyant outfits, for me they were flamboyant.
Black and white spandex body suit with hair styled like Marilyn Monroes , etc.

The funniest thing happened one night, I can't believe I'm going to write about this...
One night, as we were leaving the Kent, my friend and I were walking down the
street, and this car slowed down and drove slowly by us. A group of teenaged or
college age boys all leaned out the window and screamed :
" BURN IN HELL YOU FAGS!!!"

It made me feel bad, but then I saw the humor in it.
And here's why:
I am a tall woman, about 5 feet 8 . I had a nice enough body to be wearing spandex
body suits. My friend also was a tall girl, we had very similar build.

So I am walking down the street in a bright red tight wraparound dress with flaring skirt,
I have the heavy Tim Curry Frankenfurter face makeup on. I am in six- inch spike heels that I
could barely walk in, they were so uncomfortable. But they put me well over six
feet, in fact, I'm probably about 6 2 in these things! So I'm walking badly in these heels...
And here's the other thing...um, I have huge boobs. I can't help it, they are natural.
This is mentioned because now visualize all of this, how it must have looked..
A "woman" about 6 2 walking down the street in garish face makeup, with huge
fake looking knockers... They thought we were drag queens! ( I lol'd for about 5 minutes just now)
Yep, I was mistaken for being a drag queen once, when I was leaving TRHPS.
I was called a Fag and told that I was going to burn in hell.
I figure that this is a fairly unique experience for a hetero woman.
At the time I felt bad about it, like I must be manly looking or something.
But then I visualized how we must have looked, and where we were, and it was
suddenly very funny. : ) Hilarious, in fact. : )

I don't look manly in the least, I swear. Not even close.

3 Comments:

Blogger MsAmber said...

That's too funny. I like that story.
(Yes, I have nothing better to do than to read and comment on all your posts.)
I've never gotten to see the RHPS at the theater. I've watched the movie several times, and my friends have told me about it, I just wish they would bring it back.
MsAmber
www.wildernessgirl.com

8:01 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey, I don't mind you hanging around and posting, that's why I write these funny stories! I like to make myself laugh, as well as other people.

RHPS is such a scene, if you can find
a theatre that shows it regularly.
Lots of things to see and participate in ( throwing toast and water and such, during certain parts of the movie.
I'm glad you are taking these stories in the spirit with which they are intended!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

LOL
Thanks, Billy ! I was a little nervous
telling that story, didn't want anyone to think I looked manly, but it was just too funny, I had to. : )
And if you ever make it out my way,
So.Cal, I WILL take you! I promise.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home