Friday, November 11, 2005

Sponge Candy and Soy Milk...

Two new things I've tried recently, and been pleasantly surprised with.
Sponge candy sounded intriguing, I read that they only make it at certain
times of the year, colder times. Never heard of it out here in CA, but apparently
it's all over the place in NY/East coast. Yum! It turned out to be really good, except that it's so rich that I could only eat two pieces. It's this crispy sponge stuff, covered in chocolate. I've
known about it for awhile, but had to wait for November to buy it! For the colder
weather. None of the places I looked were making it till then.

Soy milk, been wanting to try it for awhile. I finally tried it, after a friend told me that it's
good for regulating hormones. PMS. Yuck. Was desperate enough to give it a try.
It's pretty good! I was told not to bother with the vanilla flavored stuff, to try the regular
minutely sweetened kind. I really like it.
The great part is that I discovered how much lower in calories and fat it is, than regular
milk. And I'm a big milk drinker. So I may be onto something here. : )
If anyone out there has been curious about it but afraid of how it might taste, try it!

I finally succeeded in losing 7 pounds of the 20 that I'd gained recently, 13 more to go and I'll be happy with my weight. I'll never be a twig, Olsen- twin- thin, and I'm not going to try to be.
Oh yeah, I forgot: I added my email address to my profile, should've done it sooner.
Ok, so the candy isn't a good idea, but everything in moderation. And it's a birthday treat
for myself ( except that I opened it a few days early-bad! Bad Lisa!), anyway.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Thanks Lisa,
The Birds of Paradise actually did look beautiful. I just have a habit of self-deprecating (feel free to check spelling).
You seem like such a lovely person. I wish you happiness and good things to come.
x
sue

5:11 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey thanks, Sue!
BTW, I meant to mention, when I read what your friend called you for a time in college, I lol'd!I'm not even going to mention it, lest it make a revival!
Been enjoying reading your posts,
I'm glad you came and said Hi! You are definitely a lovely person yourself. And I wish you all the happiness, for you and yours!

5:27 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Yeah.
Susie really is sufficient don't you think?
My friend really meant it as an endearment. She has a sister named Suzie, so she wanted to give me my own special name. LOVELY!
Note: Susie is endearment for a Susan, Suzie for Suzanne. Just thought that was EXTREMELY VITAL information that you needed on your comment section of your blog. BTW my cousin Lisa's endearment name, from me is Lisee. Or LEE.
We could start calling you Lisee to go with Stuee?
Oh good night and sleep tight.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Lisee is cute! My mom and a
friend used to call me that, total
coincidence.
Hey, I have a friend here in SD named Susie, so it is kinda interesting to me, actually. lol

And a good night to you!

7:34 PM  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

soy=good

10:45 PM  
Blogger Karel said...

Hi Lisa!
I thought that was a pretty cute post. I've never tried soy-milk though; I stopped drinking regular milk years ago anyway. But, I've cut down on meat, starting to eat a lot of Tofu and Tempeh again, which is good (I think...)

Oh yeah, I wanna say you write great stuff on Mikey's journal. I really enjoyed reading them.

Nice to meet you!
Karel

1:40 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hi Karel,
I think we must be kindred spirits, I've noticed you have a romantic turn of mind, too. Thank you for liking
what I wrote at Mikey's blog, I liked what you wrote, too - which is why I went and checked out your blog. You can really write! Nice to meet you,too.

Lisa

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home