Friday, November 18, 2005

Update On The String Situation...

Finally got it tuned with the new strings, and I actually
played it for quite awhile now. Sounds nice.Those flat top
strings. Took the opportunity to really clean the guitar up
in general, once I had the strings off.

Once again I feel confident, it's when I play that I feel confident.
I did "From The Beginning" and I was secretly thinking "Hey I DO kick ass
on this one!" Just now.

I did my little "Since I've Been Loving You" intro thing that I've been
playing for years when I want to show someone that I really can play,
for being a girl. That's how people are. They assume because I'm female
that I can't play, jam. I can play all kinds of covers, play and sing at the same time.
That's all I ever used to play. Covers. I can do "Wish You Were Here" with the little
tender solo in the beginning. I can do "Battle of Evermore", and sing both Robert's
and Sandy's parts, and play at the same time. In fact, I should go practice that one.

I only say this stuff because I hate that people automatically assume that I'm just
a girl, and girls can't play. I feel like I have to prove myself, and I would if I had a camera
on my computer.
Right now I'm kicking around,working on a cover of 'For Your Life" from Led Zep's Presence. I kickass, except when it goes into that shift, and I don't know the chords from there.
But I like how I do the vocals :" Heard a cry for mercy, in the city of the damned."

Hopefully when I get the CD of my stuff, I can upload it into my computer, and pass it around.
Or put it here t my blog. If I can figure that out, lol. Just don't know about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

Girls are better than boys at everything. Girls are better at not trusting anyone. We're better drinkers, love-makers, sleepers, musicians, singers, writers and cooks.

And don't you, missy, forget it! :-)

7:19 AM  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

i don t assume nothin but i bet your a pretty good guitar player

3:50 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Well thanks, NYC!
I think it's a case of needing someone that played guitar, while I sang. But it got to a point where I didn't have anyone to play for me anymore, so I had to do it myself.
Started off badly but had a lot of time, years to get better.Practice, practice is what I would tell someone trying to learn to play.
I'm trying to work out a way to get some mp3's of mine put on here.
xoxoLisa

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home