Monday, February 26, 2007

General Spew....

This post is about anything. If you want to spew anything on your mind, feel free.
I'll start:
Robin Thicke: " Lost without you" (song).
First of all, this guy looks like Alan Thicke. I never noticed it until I saw his name. Now I can't un-see it. I'd bet this guy is related to AT in some way.
Secondly: If a guy was that insecure as to be babbling constantly about "tell me you love me baby, tell me that I'm everything, tell me that you don't want to live without me, lost without yoooooooooooooooooooooooo...." I'd be running the opposite direction.
Now, I've had a similar experience, it's not pleasant. It's alarming, even a little frightening.
This reminds me...
Something happened yesterday that I feel bad about. I didn't see it coming. I had to potentially break someone's heart yesterday and I didn't see it coming. Sigh...
I think I broke someone's heart yesterday and it makes me cry because I hate the feeling. He looked me in the eyes, grabbed me, he was standing close, and he said
" Don't you understand? I love you!" And he was crying! :(
It concerned my being mad at the person, ahem...
It was that guy that I've mentioned that I dated one time but was a platonic friend to me. A newer friend. I'm not attracted to him like that. He'd bragged about his...
Anyway, I'd kinda wondered about it here and there, but thought "Nah...you're just thinking everyone's in love with you. Next you'll be thinking the mail woman will be in love with you."
Nope. I was right.
It was awful. I think he wanted to kiss me on the lips when he said it.
I pulled my head back, pulled away a little, and said " Aw, I love you too, _______!!
As a friend, of course, I love all my friends!" I was thrown off.
I know, I know.
See why I feel horrible? I literally said that. And yes, he had the exact
reaction that you might expect. Him picking his heart up off the floor while I turn my head and pretend not to watch or know what's happening. :(
Before he left he said...
"I didn't meant what you think anyway."
And I said " Oh, I'm glad I was just tripping or something then! Sorry about that!"
Giving him the out but...it was bad. He'd meant it. He was crying you guys. :(


Anyway, this leads me to another gripe, actually.
I'm going to get flak for this probably.
I don't like that song "It breaks my haahhaahahahahahahahah-heart" Yes.
At first I thought "Regina Spektor- How cute, what a catchy little tune!"
I was in Asia when I first heard it, actually. Asian MTV.

FF 6 months later, it literally just now played on VH1, reminding me of it.
Only now, I don't like it on principle. I don't think I like songs that I feel make a mockery of heartbreak.
She oughtta be wailing, shrieking, " IT BREAKS MY HEAAARRT!!!WWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
Instead of "Oh, hahaha, 'twat's a lil heartbreak, eh? Hahah, I've never experienced true loss. Let's sip some tea and be princesses".
Sorry.
No, no. No. NO. I'm not sorry.
I like her, she's cute, and I don't take her seriously as anything more than a pop-song writer, if that.A piano twinkler with a cute smile.
My ex said she was fat, I actually liked that about her.:)
I'm sure she's not reading this, so I'm not worried about hurting the little crumpet's feelings. Aw, I don't mean to sound unkind, she's a cutie-pie.
Actually, she might be from Long Island for all I know. I still say what I say.
That's my spew.
Let's see...
I liked Pete's prologue. Engrossing. Wanted more. Dammit.
*Note* My email address was missing and I didn't know it.New blogger again.
Glad I thought to check and see if it was there just now. I put it back ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Yeah, nobody wants to end up breaking another person's heart :-( Nobody normal anyway, if the other person is not an asshole. You just can't go for a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. But anyway, even if this guy really really is in love with you, it wouldn't help him in the end if you pretended feelings you don't have.

As for Regina Spektor, I tend to agree generally. I have nothing against songs about love - after all, that subject takes about 90% of music made in one form or another - but I can't stand songs that do not take love and everything connected, including heartbreak seriously.

10:03 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Gosh if love could be precise. Don't feel bad. I'm always with the suspicion 'he' may only want the jewel in the crown really bad.

-ginab

P.S. I'd run from any man singing a pop song ;-).

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dan L. said...

Nabo (and of course I shorten your blog name so's I don't gotta type too much...but I did):

Oh no...spewing is allowed...who knows what that brings?

C'mon now, everybody has a heart, somewhere (except of course, for the truly heartless). There is that old saying about time healing wounds and all...it is mostly true. I, however, go in an instant...if I let it happen, to the time when I lost my mother. It is incredible instant sadness like no other. I briefly experienced it while reading Pete's Prologue...where he says something about wanting his mother.

I know, I know...it's a different kind of love. I have learned that in life, the toughest thing about love is this: In order to feel love, you must give love. By giving love, you expose yourself. You expose yourself to rejection...and then you can feeel the deepest pain....unwanted by one you love. That is a price for love. It is an amazing thing. It really is all or nothing in the end...there can be no real love, if it is partial. Love is whole. Whole love, whole hurt. It's just the way we were made.

Now...the question is... who is telling the truth when they speak of love? Ah, the story continues, doesn't it?

Peace,

--Dan L.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey Maria,
Cool you understand about Regina Spektor. It's not her, it's the song that irks me.Can't help but wonder if she's related to Phil.

I hear you Gina, and I thought of it!
Same thing! As is "Why couldn't I have felt the same way? It could've all been so happy then!" I imagine,
anyway. If it had turned out that I had been fixating on him the same way.
BTW, let me note that he showed up unannounced, caught me in my PJs. He called, but he was standing on the other side of my door! Yep.
I'm such a femme fatale (wince).
But seriously, I did not lead him on in any way, honest! We've never even held hands!
Anyway. :(

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

just wanted to stop by and say hello! it's been a while. hope you're doing well! x

10:02 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
It sucks to break hearts, but at the same time, it does let the person know how you really feel so they can stop wondering about that.

About Regina Spektor, her music sure beats the so-called singers like Paris Hilton and the exploits of pop stars like Britney Spears, who's career has been over for a while! yet she still won't go away!
Anyways, at least Regina can sing and doesn't have to whore herself out for time in the spotlight, but... her music isn't really my cup of tea. That line "It breaks me heheheheheheartrtrt" does get annoying after a while.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home