Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hibernating (Brrrr it's cold!)...

It's been far colder here than I'm used to. I actually saw my own breath,it was that cold inside my own little house! No wonder I didn't want to get out of bed this morning!
I'm still in blah mode, though. I hate it, I hate being such a lamer. I tell myself that everything's going to be ok ( money worries, various problems, etc) but then this little counter voice says " No it's not, it's NOT going to be ok."
Now, this isn't a real voice, heheh, don't get the wrong idea. But it's still negativity trying to interject itself into my consciousness.
At least I'm aware of it, I guess.
But seriously, things don't feel like they are going to be ok.
I know others have it far worse than me. I don't mean to sound like a big baby.:(
In fact I'm going through this low-self-esteem phase. I hope it's a phase, anyway.
It's not really based on anything, nothing happened, anyway. I even had a date the other night.
A good-looking guy - aquaintance asked me out, I went. Other women had said that I should go. It was ok, except...I'm not really attracted to the guy "like that". Maybe I could have been, who knows, but there were little things that were ultimately a turn -off. His shirt was unbuttoned too low, for one. With all chest hairs showing... Yep. I'd never seen him looking that way before. It was a different side of this guy. He'd seemed ok until then.
He doesn't have my blog address. So he won't know these things. But with how cold it's been, to have one's shirt unbuttoned that low? And I could practically see his frozen nipples, the shirt was unbuttoned below them! Yep! If he'd moved right, I would have seen them! This was 20 degree farenheit weather, with wind chill factor, to boot.:) It foretold more disturbing things to come, anyway.

In any case, I'm just tired of BS. And I'm hibernating now. Once again I'm sorry for my bad blogging ways. But at the same time I'm thankful to you for checking on me.
Peeking into the room to see if I'm still breathing, while I'm asleep. In my hibernation. :)
*NOTE* Rachel's plans for world domination:www.intheattic.btpodshow.com

13 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Ugh, I can just imagine this guy, his shirt buttoned down to his navel. Going on a date with a guy you're familiar with from other circumstances can reveal things, huh? I suppose he thought it made him look masculine and manly ;)

I think it might not be such a bad thing if people really did hibernate, in the same sense as some animals - a way of recuperating, charging batteries.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Dan L. said...

Aw shucks, we sure do care about you. You should travel north, to us in the GARAGE...we do very little but listen to music and have a brew or two. Sometimes, not often these days, we break out the stuff and make noise, but I am a BAD fumbler, and Allen makes up for me.

Sound like fun...? Maybe not, but we are content, and love life. Always upbeat, and happiness spills out from time to time.

Yes, we are both married, so no implication there. just to say, hey, if you get near, stop in, and it may be a blast.

Damn Chargers, anyway.

Peace,

--Dan L.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, that's so sweet Dan! I didn't get any improper ideas, don't worry. You and Alan(Allen)? were perfect gentlemen when I met you. :)
Hey, it sounds fun-maybe i'll take you up on it sometime. Ya never know.
We can literally become a garage band for a bit.Rock On my friend! :)

And Maria, yep, it was actually a surprise. Didn't expect the shirt thing, he also bragged about himself in a certain specific way and it was funny...
I mean, it was early, and the subject wasn't even sexual in any way. And this is a 1st "date".Out in public.And he suddenly makes a (cough) generous statement about his... :)
Ah well. I can say that
he DOES have good taste in women.Hehe.;)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Lisa,
You made me giggle with your assessment of your "date". You should have sniffed, "oh, what a shame I'm not a size queen" or something just as deflating.;)

This is the time of year when energies do lag. I think it's funny what Californians consider cold, but it's what you're used to and, more importantly, how you dress for it. Yesterday, I skated and walked all over the place outside- it was below freezing, but sunny and windless, so it was magnificent. You need proper clothes for it, though, or yes, it will be miserable.

Be well, my dear!

AM

8:40 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Maybe he was experiencing a hot flash! ;-)

Cold weather turns people in no matter. Believe me, I KNOW! It's 14 degrees, if it's that, outside! As for the money stuff, I know that too. Make a plan is all I can suggest, not that you haven't got one. There's a clearing for sure...at some point!

I am glad you went out on a date. Sorry that other side appeared but in ways maybe it's a good thing. I used to wake to near nostril alarm bells from cologne (a man putting too much on?) at 5 in the morning. I do not miss it!

wishing you wellness,

-ginab

7:47 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Lisa dear,

I'm grossed out by the shirt being unbuttoned so far, and I wasn't even there to witness this!

Bundle up now and have a cozy night at home. I love lots of blankets on the bed and nice cozy pajamas in this weather. It's arctic cold here in Minnesota.

Love,
Brina

10:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

I hope despite everthing you have been been enjoying all the 1970's Chuck Heston flicks ;) I've been blogging on here again now that I've taken some time off to relax.Your post really made me laugh, I could picture everything! :0 You'll love the you tube link I have up regarding my fitness goals.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hi all!
So nice to see you! I'm in sore need to catch up...xoxoxoxoLisa

9:45 AM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
I tried to leave a comment her earlier but blogger was giving me problems. Here's what I was trying to say earlier: Sorry about your date, that sucks! I hate chest hair! I imagine this is probably a guy who would also wear a leisure suit.

It's starting to get warmer where I live, I hope it's warm where you live too. It sure was cold a while back!

I hope you are doing OK, but I've got some good news, Rage Against the Machine are reuniting! It's for one night only, but it's really happening!!!

I know you like rage too, so I just wanted to let you know, also I posted up five Rage videos up in my video blog if you'd like to see them again.

Take care.

3:41 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Stopped by to catch up a bit. I have cut way back on the net and have used my time in other ways. Looks like you have gone through some changes and a new Epi LP to play. Join a band. It will really help you spread your wings.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Joe! Nice to see you!
Nah, I did the band thing for many years, actually. That was the problem. Being in a band can be the road to success, or failure, depending
on the people in the band. There's a whole story there involving loyalty, blah. I should have looked elsewhere or gone solo a long time ago.I was more motivated.
We did some good songs, though. I'll admit that.:)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for leaving me a comment on Rage's "Guerilla Radio" music video! I like that line too!

Tom Morello's been playing at the Hotel Cafe as The Nightwatchman every tuesday, but Feb 6th is the last date that he'll be performing there. I'm going to try to go, would you like to come along? tickets are only $10, and the money goes toward the organization "Food Not Bombs".

Speaking of the Hotel Cafe, guess who's coming back!?..............

It's the Attic jam!!!!!!!!!

On March 3rd, I guess I might have to stay in San Diego a bit longer!

7:19 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hi Lisa,

Sending you cyber greetings, to let you know, that I was thinking of you!!

xo

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home