Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Musical Breakthrough...

It's part one of "In My time Of Dying" by...well, hmm...
Robert Johnson? Ledbetter? Lisa doing Led Zeppelin doing Robert Johnson?
I just came across this by accident 2-3 days ago. I realize I should be playing slide guitar, but I'm doing what I can. I can't wait until my new guitar comes!:) This guitar has a short in it. Had to fiddle with it for about 5 minutes to get it to even work.
Was actually pretty frustrating. Something to do with the volume knob.You can't move around at all while playing this guitar, it will die.I was lucky it played for 2 minutes.>:( The new guitar should come any day now...

- - -

2 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

Fucking WONDERFUL!!! Ya gotta stomp your foot though Lisa! I can see it happening, but you're kind of an intellectual player. Let the music flow through your whole body. Feel the pulse, it's like a dance, playing the guitar or the bass especially. Moving your fingers is only part of it.
Watch Hendrix play, it's like ballet, the guitar is his lover.
You are the master of this instrument, and yet you need to let go, allow the music to come from 'beyond yourself'. When your playing is really good, it's a trance like state, empty and full at the same time. No ego involved, you are the conduit, the link between the magical realms where music comes from and the instrument which brings it to our ears.
You get there in brief flashes which are so exciting, and I know you can feel it. Just eat, sleep and dream guitar, it will all come together!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks man!
I know exactly what you are talking about, too! I really do!
I have to hold that guitar still because of this loose wire inside, it sucks! So I had to be real conscious of not moving while playing that.
So weird, (but cool)you picked up on it! So true
what you are saying. I got the new guitar today, btw. So hopefully I can let loose more without the damned wires shorting out! :) xoxo Lisa

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home