Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanks Everyone...

Thanks everyone that responded to my recent posts, definitely I was NOT Ok recently.
But I'm trying to pull out of it. Staying away from drink is helping. So I figured I'd share something funny that did happen recently, when I was drunk.
Apparently I got it into my head to perm my hair. Yeah. Dunno what I was thinking with that in the first place.And whilst I was shitfaced, I managed to actually do a really good roll up. That is the most important part of a successful perm, ladies know. The rolling/curlers. So I was actually happy and confident at this point. What I did not think about, being drunk, was the fact that I had my contact lens in.
Yep.
The perm solution dripped into my eyes. Intense, immediate, blinding, excruciating pain occurred. I realized what was happening- I had to get those lens out of there! My eyes were determined to stay squeezed shut, due to the burning, but the burning was in fact my lens melting! Fusing themselves to my eyes!
"Ah God, ack...fuck...oh man" I wept, the tears helping, plus the water I was trying
to squirt in there. Managed to get ahold of the left eye lens, and I pulled. It literally was stuck to my eye.I felt it tug, but I did manage to remove it. Instantly my left eye fogged over.
So I grabbed the right lens. BTW, I no longer felt drunk in anyway whatsoever. The pain was so intense. But here's the really gruesome part:
When I pulled on the right lens, it wasn't coming away from my eye! I saw, I actually saw, my eye move and start to come out of the socket! Eeeew!!! Before finally the
lens came free from my eye with a plop and that eye fogged over! That was amazingly
horrible to witness!
What a Goddamn, drunken idiot I was! What the hell was I thinking? :)
That was sooo gruesome, I can still barely think of it without feeling queasy.
But the best part: The perm still came out ok! What are you going to do, at that point? Kinda had to finish it! Hehe...the determination of women sometimes when it comes to these things.:)
My eyes were ok after a few days of rest and no contacts. I actually am only now wearing my lens today, they feel fine. I got lucky, I realize.
As I said the perm is ok, I guess. You can see it in the current profile pic. That is actually the humorous, gruesome, true and extremely stupid tale behind the current profile pic.
It's bad enough to be perming. That alone is ...but to be perming drunk! And then to be wearing contact lens! Haha! :)
Hopefully this made you smile.

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm so happy that you've on an uphill climb.

Not that my story is as painful as yours but... I couldn't get my contacts out after our wedding reception- eyes too dry, nails too long. I did a MacGuyver and filled the hotel bathroom sink with water and dunked my head in until they floated out (dailies, so no problem).

Keep on shining, kiddo. You're awesome.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, you're awesome yourself Anne Marie! And congratulations, too! Actually, I was not blogging because
of the eye problem. I need to go back to the reading I was doing over at your blog. You can really write! :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Chris Capp said...

Lisa, Lisa,

Since your story has a happy ending, I can let myself laugh at the absurdity of it. But please, in the future, don't drink and 'do! (as in "hairdo") It's a recipe for disaster!

Hope you're smiling more these days. You deserve it.

- C.

6:06 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Yikes! I was even afraid when you mentioned each eye as fogging over! I was thinking permanent, oh no!

The perm looks loverly and you too. Feeling better suits you well. Indeed!

-ginab

8:53 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

ROTFLMAO!

Hilarious Lisa. Hey, the little doo-hicky arrived today, and she's real cute, you'll never believe how small it is, quite a few buttons on it, but super easy to setup. I did my very first recording on it in 2 minutes, it's an instrumental I've been working on called Doreen. I'll post it onto my Power Chords blog.

I'm glad I shelled out for this little thing, I can see where this could really help my writing, plus I believe I can hook my turntable up to it and make mp3s from some of my vinyl. He He

Continued success to you keeping it together Lisa. Glad you see you have kept your great sense of humor through all of this.

9:32 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Perming as extreme sport!

Seriously speaking, this would make a perfect "warning example" story for alcohol rehab, seeing as it gives a personal example of what stupidity, dangerous things you can do under the influence, while also having a v. dark humour element!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

LOLOLOL
I am just cracking up reading everyone's responses here! :)
Chris , you got me with "Don't drink and 'do" lol too cute.
And Gina, yep, me too - when the 1st e eye fogged over I thought "That can't be good" heheh. Figured I'd had to removed some skin. And in fact that is what is attached to one of the lens, eeew!Although I knew that the eye is the fastest healing organ, besides the inside of the mouth.
Gary, I am thrilled to hear about the recorder doohicky, haven't gotten mine yet but good things are
worth the wait.
And Maria, you are so right! LOL
Perming as extreme sport - hell, the word "Permanent" should warn anyone away from such a thing! One would think, anyway.'Twas the drink I tell you! Hehe :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

OH my God!! As anything having to do with eyeballs completely creeps me out, I got a queasy feeling reading this! On a positive note, though, your perm looks great. *L* At least something good came out of the situation!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Are we allowed to laugh??? I've got a number of stories, the dumbass things I did drunk, and LIVED to tell!
I'm so glad you didn't damage your eyes!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Oh Lisa, that is one hell of a story! I never had contacts and have always been afraid that if I did, things like what you just endured would happen, often! I am rather klutzy and am always spilling things, bumping into things, etc. I just know I'd damage my eyes forever if I had contacts.

You were brave!

And funny too.

Hugs,
Brina

10:01 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Of course you're allowed to laugh, Ticharu! I laughed at myself pretty quickly, once I realized my eyes were ok.
And Brina, at least you were smart enough to have thought of those things! I keep forgetting I'm wearing the damned things. :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Oh my! The right eye part sounds really gruesome! I'm glad that your OK, but now I've got second thoughts about getting contacts.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home