Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Poseurs...

Poseurs are funny, and jeez, there are so many different kinds!
I've already revealed more about myself than I meant to, the night
I came home from the club and blogged about Mike. I'd had a couple of drinks
and wrote some things. Like about Santana and being in the studio. I
kinda didn't mean to write about that.

That said, since I DID make mention of it, I will say that the music community
holds some of the funniest poseurs of all time. There are people who dress flamboyantly, carry
instruments everywhere, talk music, and yet when prompted, truly can't let go and
freely jam. Like, I know one person in particular that knows maybe 3, 4 songs on the mandolin.
Period.
And yet this person created a whole persona, reputation for being a mandolin player,
and it was a hoax.
I've seen that a lot out here in So.Cal. People who can't actually play, or sing, but they know
how to talk the talk and have cultivated the look.
But there are other poseurs too, as ye well know. For surely we all have had experience with poseurs. Or maybe even being one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home