Friday, June 17, 2005

Quagmire of Misfortune...

I'm actually going through a bunch of bad stuff right now. It's
part of this quagmire of misfortune I have been immersed in for the past
couple of years. I'm hoping that if I can what, wade? Dogpaddle? Through
this and make it out alive, that it will clear the way for another spell of relative
calm and even perhaps even some good events ocurring.

I'm being quiet about all the stuff currently going on. I want to talk about
it, but it's all just so personal. Believe it or not, it's hard for me to write about my personal
life.
I had problems last year with a guy that was stalking me, a clerk at 7-11. I'd never seen the
guy before, I just recently had moved in to an apartment, by myself ( the divorce), and I walk to the 7-11 up the street.
The clerk starts talking to me, joking around, when no one is around and I'm paying
for my stuff.
He asks me where I live, I hesitate, and he says " Oh that's ok, I already know where you live.
You're my neighbor."
From there he asks if I'm married, I say yes, because he's already creeped me out that much.
He says " I don't see your husband around much."
From there it got worse.
The thing is, I was telling anyone and everyone after this who would listen, this guy is bothering me,
he's now stalking me, I think he cut my phone line. He was harrassing people that would
come over to see me, and ask them about me. I heard this from friends that came to visit me.
" That guy was at the foot of the stairs asking about you again." He would loiter at my mailbox
because he seemed to know when I would get my mail.
All kinds of stuff. He had told me that very first time that I saw him, that he could get keys
to any apartment, because he babysat the Apt. manager's kids. Yep. The night that I think he cut my phone line, I slept with my cell phone, and I actually thought when I woke that morning
that he'd been in my apartment that night while I was asleep. There was evidence, to me.

My front door was unlocked and ever-so-slightly open. Imagine how that felt. I get up in the morning, and see that my door is open. When I know, because I was so terrified, that I had deadbolted it the night before. I specifically remember checking the door, of course! I thought he'd cut my phone line that very night!
So of course I made sure the front door was locked before going to bed.
You can see why I believe he did that. Just to show me he could, I think.
Because nothing was otherwise changed.

Anyway, right when things went from bad to waaay worse, he turned himself in to the police.
Turned out he saw himself on the AMW web site, he was going to be featured on Americas Most Wanted that week. For raping a 12 yr old girl in Northern Calif. He apparently had fled to NY city where he lived for awhile, and then when the heat was getting turned up there, he came
down here to Southern Calif.
This was all a nightmare for me, and I remember it as an extremely unhappy time. : (
I remember when he was caught, I was glad, but also still scared and upset. I had
no one, no one helping me or looking out for me. This perv knew that. It was literally about 1-2
days from this incident with my phone line and door, that he turned himself in. I got lucky.
BTW, it was weird. He was a big kid, probably no more that 18- 20 at the oldest. But already
such a predatory monster.

I don't even know why I mentioned that.
Oh, I remember. Just, trying to point out that I have had many bad things happen the
last coupla years, and I haven't mentioned most of them because it's upsetting and so
personal. The deaths and losses, but also a lot of other bad stuff that I haven't talked about.

I'm going through a gnarly health scare right now. My body has been falling apart the past
couple of years, it's like all the emotional and mental trauma is breaking me down. I had
pneumonia for about 3-4 months this year. I almost died because I had a bad reaction to one
of the antibiotics. And it made it take that much longer to get over it.
Someone's been trying to take over my identity or something, and I keep having to try and outwit them and keep on my toes ( my credit card had fraudulent charges, and a whole buncha
other shit has been going on in this subject). That's a whole story that I'm not going to get into right now.
My point:
It's adding up, 6 losses and deaths in the past 2 years, my parents, my husband, Mike, etc.
Ginky the 10-yr old puffer. AMW stalker guy. Etc.Etc. There are a whooole lotta things I'm
leaving out.
I'm dogpaddling in the quagmire, and I may go under because even a 1/3 of this shit would be enough for anyone to lose their fucking minds.

p.s. How I found out about stalker kid was an email that my ex sent me. It was an email with
a picture, and it was the kid. It said " Do you know this guy?"
And it was exploding all over the news, and I didn't know it. The kid had just turned himself
in and it was on TV.
My ex DID getalarmed when I replied to the email with an excited " Thats the guy that won't leave me alone and cut my phone line!"

Anyway, shit happens, I spose. : (
But I don't have to pretend to be happy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home