Saturday, November 19, 2005

Wow! Personal Newsflash!

T the producer is out, Mike B. is in.
I've had it with T. Took me long enough to figure out
that he was just stringing me along to try and get in my pants.
And I'm frankly too talented to be treated like that. Besides,
I have other producer friends.
In fact, I was so mad today, that I phoned Mike B. He's the kareoke
DJ from last weekend, but he happens to own a studio, "Garage Records."
He's a newlywed, I've hung out with Mike B and his pretty wife, and I feel
comfortable with them. He's got a hell of a kareoke collection. Doesn't call me
baby.

Mike B. had asked me a long time ago to come sit in with him and his band,
he'd wanted a female singer that could play guitar. I was pleased with that idea,
and said yes..
But right then, T popped back up on the scene, and made all sorts of big promises.
Like how he was going on a trip in January, to Memphis and Nashville, and he wanted
to take my album or a demo and play it for some friends.
So I once again agreed to have T produce my album. I'd heard that he's very talented,
and I did see this for myself. He IS talented.
But he was starting to touch me all the time, and call me baby! I didn't like it! And my friends in the kareoke place know, I don't like strange guys touching me. But he claimed he was just
being a friend...I'd asked anoth woman about that, she'd said he was harmless.
I called him, yesterday, I was supposed to confirm for today.. I called him twice, two different times, and left messages. We were supposed to start recording today. He hasn't called me back.
I was waiting for him to call today, and I was writing at my blog.

I started remembering my experiences in my youth, with my musical mentors, A. and Mike G.
And I remember how A. said that some people might try to get in my pants, and I blogged that here,
and after I did, I realized that I was thinking of T, and it was as if my old much -loved friend A.
had come back to warn me away from this Bozo.
Took me long enough to figure it out.
Today I looked back on my experiences with T, and I realized that he'd never even really heard me play, or even brought me into his studio! But he'd come highly recommended , so I stuck it out.
I've known real studio men, real musicians, and they didn't act like that towards me.
I don't have to put up with that shit.>:(
Yep, A. had warned me about these types. I should've known before now.

So I called Mike B, and he said something funny, that female friends of theirs
have also called T kind of slimy, cheesy. It felt good to be able to talk this out, and make
alternate studio plans. I trust Mike B.
They asked me to go kareoke tonight, said that they were going.In fact, they
love my voice, and have requested songs from me, every time I go. They seem to respect my ability. And remember, Mike B. wanted to jam with me. It was sincere.
So that's my big personal news, after all this time T is out. And I feel soooooo much better
about this decision. Another message from the Universe, maybe?

5 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

Perverts: they resemble men. I know I'm a little bit jaded, because I was taken pretty hard and pretty fast, but men do want to make sense of women. Usually, the soul sniffing is harmless and sometimes it's for our own protection (brotherly). But when the dog sniffs the soul of your baby--be it music, writing, or a real live baby--that's where you've got to cut away. That's just too awful. You did good.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thank you so much for validating my decision!
It was a huge decision, but I really
do feel so much better now! I think
my subconscious was trying to warn me.
That's why it sent the memory of Art
warning me about such men. It never even crossed my mind until now.
And the "Baby" this and that, God!
Yuck.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

You did the right thing, if it looks like a duck as they say.

Good luck in your musical endeavors.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Thanks, Gary! I really believe it was fate, destiny that put me in contact with all you guys/gals. You all gave me the strength to fire T, to stand up for myself!
And you are right about it walking like a duck, I should've followed that
theory all along.
xoxolisa

8:02 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

One more thing, on talent: T knows you're talented; it's only amazing to us talented women how audacious men can be. As in, T assumed he was entitled to a talented woman (as tho 'entitlement' were a requirement). You know the rest of the story (how he'd make you feel not so talented or special given he would 'baby this' and 'baby that' to every woman he meets; how he'd make you feel insecure so he could swoop down to steal your limelight, to steal your songs).

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home