Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Diet Begins Tomorrow...

Keeping that in mind, I walked up to the little market here and bought some ice-cream to have for dessert tonight. I'm also going to fry up a couple of hamburgers for patty melts, put mayo and cheese on them and everything, and use the last of this really good bread that I have.I LOVE patty melts. Tomorrow the self-control begins. I can do this. The best part is knowing what I have to do, as I've said before. Knowledge goes a long way when it comes to dieting.
For example: did you know just how much fat and calories are in things like mayo and margarine? It's incredible. You could literally eat a bowl of beef barley soup with a few pretzels on the side, OR you could have two tablespoons of margarine or mayo. Yep. Eat some margarine or mayo, or eat a meal?
So educating oneself is really key in things like this. Another example: Did you know that when you starve yourself you are actually slowing down how fast your body burns fat? Because apparently when you starve yourself by skipping meals, you shock your body into holding onto the fat more.It's like a self-preservation thing the body does.That's the best way I can put it.
But I realize a lot of you know this stuff. But some of you might not, so this is good info here! :)
Anyway, I'm making the most of today as my last chance to pig out for awhile.
But if you know how to eat while dieting, you can actually eat more! It's just a matter of what! And I really need to stop skipping meals, I do that every single day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

I gain weight in the winter because I'm not burning calories.
Burning calories is key.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Good luck, Lisa!
Remember not to skip breakfast- they say that most people who successfully lose weight and keep it off have breakfast. My general rule is a mid-size breakie, a big lunch, and less at supper, when you need the food the least.
Three things to cut which will help you tremendously: alcohol (wine is better), white starches, and fruit juices (both of which convert to sugar in your system). If you make these cuts and watch the fat, the weight will fly off and stay off.

You can do it! Good luck. I am on day 2, personally, and doing very well.

Cheers,
AM

2:13 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Gawd, I love mayo. LOVE IT. I do lather up, of all things, veggie burgers with mayo. It's my crippling.

I'll see what I can do, after my jar of mayo is empty. I gave up soda pop four years ago. Easy-peasy,in comparison. So, I'll give up mayo in solidarity with you Lisa.

-g+bb

4:06 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Yay nabonidus!

Make sure to do everything in moderation. It also isn't good for the body to shift extremes. (Don't go vegan on me or anything here. *grin*)

I regulate my diet, and before you join the chorus of you-don't-need-to-ers it's a health thing, not a weight thing.

I found I feel a lot better since I starting looking at what I put into my body. If you feel good, you look good.

MORE POWER TO YA!

(I noticed the blog pictures are starting to perk up. Sending you well-wishes and positive energy!)

Jack

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Skipping meals is the worst - it regulates your metabolism to eat every meal. You just have to make sure you eat good stuff. Hey, there must be some way to make a low-fat patty melt! :)

Yeah, totally - people don't realize the calories in margarine. Everyone says that butter is so fattening, and then they use a lower fat margarine in cooking, but apparently once margrine is melted, the chemicals break down in it and it becomes just as bad as butter. At least that's what my scientist husband says.

Here's a tip - I use non-fat sour cream in a lot of things (like in whipped potatoes to make them silky smooth, or in sauces). It's got hardly any fat and very little calories, but it makes stuff creamy and great tasting. :)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Hey I just wanted to tell you that my wife was very happy. I told her that you used the Quiet Planet pic for your desktop. It made her day!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks everyone! So far so good!
I can tell you that encouragement helps a lot! :D xoxoxoxoxo

12:04 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Huh. Well thanks Mrs. Smarty Pantts. I appreciate that info. You're making me hungry!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home