Friday, January 20, 2006

23 pounds in 2005!!!

My grand total for weight that I gained last year is 23 pounds! :o
OMG! It was the combination of various things, depression and sorrow being a big factor. And living near the ocean. I swear my appetite improved when I moved here to the beach!Something about the salt air? No excuses, obviously it's my fault.But I've just been so damned sad for so long!
That's when I had stopped weighing myself every week or so. If I weigh myself all the time then I can keep it under control. I've been kind of compulsive about it in my past.
So I'd stopped weighing myself, and then when I was going to be brave and assess the damage I discovered the scale needed new batteries, a special kind.
By the time I got on the scale again finally today I'd gained 23 pounds. 23 pounds in one year!
That's horrible. I'm so bummed about it, I can't even tell you. :(
So Monday I have to start dieting and get the 23 off. I would feel ok if I could just get that off. I know I can do it if I try. All this past year I've been eating such crap, ice cream and fries, fried chicken, etc. So bad. But at least
it's clear what the problem is!Things like that, you can fix. Stop eating the crap.
It's other kinds of problems that bother me more, things that you can't see how to fix. Or things that you can't fix no matter how hard you try.
Anyway. I'm just rambling on because I feel like I'm confessing. I'm weak, and I blew it this last year, bigtime.
Well, at least I exercise every day, even though I eat junk. It would've been so much worse if I didn't.
But right now I'm kinda I'm sad and disappointed in myself. :(

15 Comments:

Blogger Suesjoy said...

Oh don't be so hard on yourself! Just pat yourself on the back for facing a truth - and honestly, 23 pounds is nothing, really!
You can do it.
Take care,
Love,
Sue

8:18 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Dear Lisa, I second suesjoy. Don't be so hard on yourself, dear. The fact that you are less depressed, and live near the ocean...this is all good!

Also, I love love love your colorful new photo. You look so nice in color!

I had a horrible awful grief week (actually, two weeks like that) but am starting to feel myself again. I go to California again at the end of the month and can't wait to breathe in the ocean air and to see my hunky handsome one and my sister too.

Love,
Brina

P.S. I admit it, I'm a fool for love!

8:58 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Aww, Lisa! As suesjoy and brina have said, don't beat yourself on the head about it! I think 23 pounds is not a big deal, I'm sure you can do it!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Awww - poor Lisa! Like the others said, don't beat yourself up. You're certainly not alone - we ALL go through this!! It's great that you exercise, and it seems like just changing your eating habits will help a bunch. So, if you look at it that way, you've got the problem half beat already! :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Aww Lisa,
don't feel bad. I lost over 40 pounds and a few years back and have gained back about 20. You can't change what's happened in the past, so just focus on bringing about change for the future if you want it. That's the best attitude you can take (and the one I'm trying to adopt!) I'll tell you, seeing those slices of humans certainly gave me new respect for my body and how I need to go back to being good to it.

Cheers,
AM

8:48 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks, you guys - it really is something I'm not happy about. Ugh.
xoxoxoxoxoLisa

9:05 AM  
Blogger elena said...

Lisa,
Don't feel bad, 23 pounds is nothing...Apart from that, I think you're a very talented girl..CHEER UP!!!!

Love,
Elena
XXXXX

10:43 AM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Lisa, you look fine to me. 23 pounds is nothing... I gain weight every year, gradually, LOL!
So don't feel bad, you can lose those pounds quite easily!

xoxoxo
M

12:38 PM  
Blogger wind-up-man said...

You are as beautiful on the inside and out! Chin up!

12:39 PM  
Blogger wind-up-man said...

I worded that incorrecly,Though I think my message is clear..

12:41 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Don't be hard on yourself, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Start off with working some basic excercise into your day, then, ever so subtle, cut back on fats, no mayo on sandwiches, fruit instead of fries, water instead of soda. You'll be surprized at what just these small changes will do. Lots of people go an dramatic diets like Atkins and fall off them after a while. I think the trick is to think long term, how do you want to look in one year, then surprize yourself at six months. I've battled weight gain for the past 7 or 8 years, something happened where I didn't burn as many calories (a desk job), and I had quit smoking 10 yrs ago. I get very depressed about it, but feel better the moment I start excecising and cutting fats.

You can do it.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks you all, I am trying to take all of your words to heart. :) xoxoxoxoLisa

3:40 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Lisa, I hundreth susejoy and brina, et al. I never weigh myself. I have noticed since my admission to the Y I've been taking my aunt and mother out to chow on things I never would eat (without the help of hitting the core muscles). I think we eat what our bodies need. Still, I'm off the "oreo chill", as in,I had it once and that's it. Done. End of story.

No more celebrating. How dull will that be?

You bring a lot of joy, Lisa, to a lot of people here in blogland. Never feel sad about that! You look really happy in your new picture. I like to believe that grin is the real you. Hands down, it must be.

I'm glad you are you. You're a gem. And that ocean air is fortunate to have you in its sights.

-g+bb

7:19 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

OMG I love Oreos, Gina! I just ate a bunxch of them recently. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Oreos.
The orginal or doublestuff only.. :)
And thatnk you so much for saying such awesome things, they really helped me last night when I was feeling a little blue. Thanks, Gina! xoxoxoxoLisa

7:41 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Oh Lisa, I only tell the truth. Whenever you need a dose, if I've missed a few days here and there, there's my Email. Say hi any time.

Just be you, traditionalist!. You've made me hungry for oreos!

As ever,
-g+bb

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home