Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Quatildus and Phlynx...

Phlynx is apparently a REAL word! For years, I'm
talking about maybe 20 years or so, phlynx was my private nickname
for what the next big STD is going to be when AIDS is
cured. I used it this way, when talking to my then- husband:
" You watch, a few years after AIDS is cured, a super-deadly
NEW sexually transmitted disease will come along, "PHLYNX"
or something. Because every so often, in the history of the world,
a new and deadly STD comes along. And then we figure out how to cure
THAT one. And then a couple of hundred years later, a new one comes along,
the next one. Phlynx."
A sexual money-wrench, if you will ( again with the monkey references, jeez - life IS
like a monkey.)

The term "phlynx" morphed into a different meaning, a funnier one.
My ex proclaimed "phlynx" to be the technical term for dingleberries,
or the TP that clings to your private areas when you are taking care
of your hygienic needs with toilet paper. Cling-ons, IOW ( As I always
thought of it).
So we actually used the term "phlynx" in place of dingleberries or Cling-ons, for the
last 20 years.
Just now I found out that phlynx is NOT my own word. I did NOT
invent Phlynx, dammit all.
But Quatildus, that's mine ( as far as I know). Gandangin Prangin Ilioflangin, that's mine.
Grotesquerie, Bullshittery, those are mine ( although derived from other words, obviously).
Pukifying. Queasifying ( same). " Seeing that was the most queasifying experience of my entire life."

The answer to my previous post:
The REAL word in my previous post ( if you didn't know):
Aeaeae - which means " the magic arts"
The only all vowel 6 letter word I've ever heard, and it's even more
awesome that it means "Magic".

5 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Ok. So if "Phlynx" is a real word, what is its meaning?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I think it's a thumb bone!
I haven't been able to find out
more, other than I think the bone
is called the "distal phlynx"
I'm disappointed!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

As far as the word Aeaeae,

I'm guessing it's pronounced
" Ay-ay" ( like "Pay-pay" but without the P's)...
It's Circe's surname, the legendary sorceress. Daughter of the sun, Helios.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Cant remember If Helios was a greek. But the word has a greek look to. That was a clue to me.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Helios is the Greek god of the sun. He is the son of Hyperion and Theia.
( it inspired my word " Ilioflangin")
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/h/helios.html

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home