Saturday, June 18, 2005

Katie and Tom...

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? Is that her name?
Wow, Tom Cruise ...what a dork. I mean, you can tell
that he seems to be a likeable enough guy, but damn.
What a dork! And yet he is a good actor, at least I thought so
when I saw Born on the 4th of July.
BUT!!!
That was before I knew he was an "S".
And that's the whole reason I am writing about Mr. Cruise.
Obviously Katie H. must be willing to bite the Scientology bullet.
There, I said it. The " S" word. I remember in the early days of the web,
the "S" people were suing everyone. Interpol broke into some guys house in Denmark,
I believe, because he had the hutzpah to post "S" dogma online, speak out against
the S people. You notice I don't like to say the "S" word. It's because I've seen people
that were otherwise very brave become very cautious online about this subject. My
ex, for example. If you knew my ex, it would definitely give you pause to hear his caution.
We've done research about the "S" people. Enough to know that the "S' s have a very flaky
dogma, invented by a crackpot charlatan. I've read books about L.R., the founder of "S" and I know.
After I read up on "S", I started paying attention to who in Hollywood, in the media, was
an " S". When I found out John Travolta was one, and Tom Cruise, I vowed to boycott
their movies. Which I have done. I DID see Pulp Fiction, but HA! That was a pirated copy.
Ain't no money o' mine going to " S" if I can help it.
I hate it that I don't know all of the people that are. Let's see...Kirstie Alley. Um, I think a few
of the kids from that 70's show. But that show sucks anyway. At least, it's not the bastion of wit.

If anyone knows any other " S" actors/actresses out there, let me know! I remember what
the "S" have done in the name of censoring the internet, from the early days of the internet.
They were sue-happy, bursting into people's houses with warrants, that dared speak out against them online.
It was amazing and unbelievable. And they still are pulling this stuff!

If you think I sound paranoid, do some research. The " S" lead the pack, worse than any
Republican or Democrat, on censorship. You should see the things they've done in the name of protecting
"S". No one is allowed to say ANYTHING bad about them online. The people that have
been brave enough to expose them have suffered for it, dearly. They will call your work, and report the things that they've hired a private investigator for, to dig up dirt on you.
I am citing specific examples.
I know I sound nuts, but if you have been online for awhile, surely you know what I'm talking about. And if you don't know, then it's worth it to read up a little. You'll get pissed, if you believe in free speech.
On the surface, some of what they preach makes sense. At the beginning. But many thousands of dollars later,
you will find out that your "religion" is based on aliens in Hawaii, Xenu. Zenu.
Remember, LR was a failed Sci-fi writer.
I'd better stop now. I don't want my house to get raided or my internet service suddenly shut down.
But seriously, if anyone knows of any other "S" celebs, let me know. I make a point of
avoiding their work.
I long ago learned to separate the artist from the art. I've had to.
But in the case of the "S"s, I just can't. I know where their money goes, and towards what purpose. I don't want to inadvertantly put a single penny in the pocket of an actor that is going to turn it over to the" S", to pay their lawyers to sue people that dare speak the truth online.
I would advise anyone else that knows about the "S"' to boycott their movies.
It's easy, when so much cinema these days is crap or re-hash anyway.
In one commercial break, literally, I saw an ad for Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, and Willy Wonka. Remakes. I'm not kidding, ONE commercial break. So lame.

Hollywood is so tired. The studios, whatever. Obviously they need new brains .
It's the same old thing these days ( as usual), a tired retelling with new faces and new technology, but old, familiar story. Yet another remake. Plural. Tired retellings with new faces and new technology.
What they don't realize is that people like me just tune out, if the plot isn't there.
They could spend millions as they do, on special effects, and I'll be making a grocery list in my mind, or worse yet, I'll walk out. One of the last times I ever paid to see a movie. I laughed in inappropriate places, which made other people laugh. That was cool. But it wasn't enough to prevent me from walking out.
It's sad, what they don't know :
We received tickets to the movies, for Christmas one year. Free tickets, that someone had paid
for. Movie tickets. Worth what, 30 bucks? 20? Something like that.
So I have movie tickets. You know what happened? Due to the extreme CRAP that
came out the upcoming year, the tickets expired! We never used them! It wasn't that we
forgot about them , it's that not ONE picture that year was worth getting off our asses and going down the street and handing in the slips of paper. And that's bad!!! You know it's bad,
when people have FREE tickets to see any movie they want, and they decline and let the tickets expire. And the theater is like a half mile away.

I also particularly hate when Hollywood makes movies from books. The Witches of Eastwick.
John Updike. I LOVED that book.
The movie? WTF? Did they ass rape you, John? What happened? Oh, I get it, it was that
Brinks truck full of money that they pulled up and unloaded on your front lawn.
Well.
I later saw the movie and told my friend " I am going to completely forget the book, and pretend that this is an original movie". And I was able to enjoy it more. Because it really had bothered me, how different the movie was, in so many major ways!
BTW, I would recommend that book to anyone ( NOT the movie), and I would tell them to read it. Because the movie made it really hearts and flowers. The book is gnarly.
It's great. The witches actually get jealous because this other young girl witch comes on the scene, and they kill her. All kinds of stuff. A strange and cool book. Actually maybe one of my faves.
Not at all necessarily a chick-book.
Anyway.
My main point:
Tom Cruise is a likeable, funny dork, and a flaky "S".
And if anyone knows of any other " S" celebs, let me know. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home