Friday, July 01, 2005

Driving In Southern California...

Let me 1st say that I am not opposed to SUV's and trucks, it's just
odd that so many people have them when they aren't hauling anything
or going off-roading. If I lived out in the desert I'd have one. But for inner-city
driving, it just seems weird! For one thing, the streets are too narrow,
they weren't originally designed for vehicles that are so wide. Or so many
vehicles.
And these soccer mom types really don't seem to know how to drive them.
Guys have the opposite problem. They tend to be aggressive drivers, anyway.
It's even worse when guys have truckes and SUV's. It's like they are suddenly 7 feet
tall with a dick the same size.

The other day a guy came driving up the shoulder, we were on the freeway.
Yes, the freeway. Going about what, 60? 65? We were entering the beach area, so
the freeway exit was coming in about a mile. So there was a line of cars, and I guess
the guy didn't want to wait.
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened to me. But it's funny, because
this guy was such a dick. I HATE these guys that come driving up the bike lane,
or shoulder, and try to usurp a spot, by forcing it. No signal.
The other day this very same scenario. Guy comes up, tries to force it. I'm sposed to hit my brakes and let him go in front of me. I NEVER allow this. Not like this. This is a peeve of
mine. Why are guys such assholes? Driving up the shoulder or bike lane and cutting in by
force.
Except that I never let them, and they get mad. They'll literally be inches from me, on the freeway, threatening to what, ram me? And I don't go for it. I stay put.
Ram me, asshole. Go ahead.
And they eventually DO back off, but they get pissed. And HA! A little scared, maybe?
We just enacted a scene from the French Connection. And I win. I'm too crazy, even for them.
My balls are bigger! And I don't even have balls!
But it's funny because it's always the same. They eventually will come up and look at me, because I think they are curious about such a nut.
And I always give this little smile. LOL. I'm basically saying " yeah, that's right, I AM
crazy. You picked on the wrong bitch today, eh?"
Bully meets lunatic. I get mad about bullies.
Bullies suck.
But as far as not letting people in, I try to normally be polite. But I'm talking about that
particular peeve of the bullying drivers that come up the bike lane or shoulder. And rude
idiots in general.

I need to be careful though. I called this guy a cunt one time ( I'm so embarrassed to be
admitting this, but it's funny) , and I normally would NEVER use that word! Iwas just so mad!
Here's the funny part -the guy was an idiot. A lunatic idiot. So I shouldn't have been saying
anything. That's why I didn't call the police. Because my mouth got me in trouble. This was about 6 months ago.
He
called me a dumb bitch, I called him a stupid cunt. he said " I'm a guy, you stupid bitch,"
and I said " I meant what I said" Which made him shriek this little shriek of rage! LOL
Except that was when he actually spit on me! But he missed, and he ran away and jumped in his truck and sped off. He'd actually forced me off the road, I'd gotten lost and was in the wrong
place at the wrong time, I guess.
Anyway. I wasn't going to mention that. He apparently thought I was a guy before he forced me off the road and drove up and blocked me off ( I was stuck). I thought he was going to shoot me.

But my point : Even in this tense, scary situation, my mouth got me in more trouble.
But I hate how guys can just do this kind of stuff and get away with it. And I wasn't going to just
take it without telling the guy what I thought of him. My big crime was being lost.
: (
Thinking about that weirdo is putting me in a bad mood. There was more to the story, and I
really SHOULD have called the cops. But I just wanted to get away from the guy ( and I was
basically unharmed, just shaken up).
But then later I discovered all these scratches on my car from where he'd forced me off the road.
A tree, shrub had scratched the side of my car, they are all still there. Had I seen them at the time, I probably would have called. Oh well.
Shit happens. Monkeys throwing poo.

3 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said...

just as a matter of interest, what car do you have? Here in the UK, we generally don't have that problem with 4x4's (SUV's), it is more 'White Van Man'....oh and lorries (artics?) on the motorway.

Arseholes get everywhere unfortunately.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I actually drive a Hyundai, I'm happy
enough with it ( so far anyway). : )

11:46 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I can't help but wonder if the "roads"
in Mumbai India are like those in Mexico? In the hills, mountains all
aound Tijuana and in Mexico in general are these horrible, treacherous 'roads" that are dotted
with hundreds of crosses, where previous people have been killed.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home