Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Wee Bit More Driving In So. Cal...

The reason I'm picking this subject up yet one more time,
is that I remembered the very worst thing I have ever done while
driving. This is so bad. I mean, this is bad. But it's funny, too.
And now that T is mentioned, it helps set up the story.

I was sposed to meet up with everyone at a nice restaraunt in L.A.
I think it's T's birthday. I'm in my white fairmount, I now have a
ford fairmount( I LOVE this car. It's my 1st car. I wash it every weekend.
I think I even wax it every weekend. I know that I haven't given any car
such loving attention since. I even had notes left on that car, guys wanting
to buy it).

So I'm exiting the 101 in my fairmount, I think it's actually Ventura blvd again. I'm exiting the freeway
to go onto Ventura Blvd. But just a few minutes before, I'd suddenly began having
brake problems. Something was going on, my brakes weren't working! Or rather,
they'd work, and then decide not to work, then work again! It was unpredictable!
I was supposed to be following the family to the restaurant, I now remember. So I was
trying to keep up, stay with the car in front of me, but I can't because my brakes
aren't working. A have to slow WAAAAY down, or else I'm in trouble ( when my brakes go out). So
I lose them.
They exit the freeway, I'm heading that way, and no brakes. And I kid you not,
right at the bottom of the exit onto Ventura is a crippled, handicapped person
limping along. Except that they are jaywalking, the light is green, I have the
right of way. Except my brakes aren't working.
This is the worst thing I have done in my car , coming up....

I exit the freeway, " Challenged" guy is jaywalking right in front of me, I try
to avoid him, but I hit him.
Well ok, I "bump" him going about 2 miles an hour. He yells " Hey!"
he's clearly just fine, but I am pissed that he made me hit him, and I flip
him off and keep going.

Yep, I hit a handicapped person, flipped him off, and kept going.
I know, I know. That's so bad. But he wasn't hurt, and what was he doing
jaywalking at a freeway exit? Against the light? It was the way that he was so indignant,
I guess it got to me. And he really wasn't hurt, he didn't even fall down. Don't
jaywalk against the light on freeway exits! Especially if you are slow, and can't run!
Jeez!
But it was so bad, I know. I don't know what gets into me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home