Monday, December 26, 2005

Thank You Everyone...

I was going to try and write an individual thank you to everyone, and usually I'm pretty good about replying to each person. But I'm kinda tired tonight, I did walk extensively today and tried to stay busy.Plus I'm still a little sick.
But I wanted to say: I appreciate you guys, all of you that opened your hearts to me
and helped me through this holiday. I'm not sure I would have even made it through,
though I like to think I would have.It definitely would have been much worse than it was!BTW, I baked a chicken and a pie, those were great. I could've had turkey, but I was still full from Thanksgiving. I don't like ham, so that was out.

I didn't actually get any presents, but we know I bought myself two guitars, and also I ordered a cookie bouquet. Plus my T and CD from Simon came on Christmas Eve, oddly enough. So it wasn't so bad.
But the real gift was having you guys, your kind words and thoughts, empathy.
I appreciate you so much!
I'll be posting something musical soon. I need to get back on that, and not isolate myself. Just haven't had the heart to play, and that's when you know it's bad.

Tonight what changed was that the holidays are over, officially over for me. And that
I made it through. And also remembering how you all had my back, so to speak. That's awesome. What a comfort you all have been to me! Thank you so much!xoxoxo
Actually,I do have to mention that I began feeling better last night after I heard from my brother out of the blue. And he hates Christmas and avoids it like the plague!So it was a total surprise.But that definitely also helped me a lot, I have to admit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Lisa,

I am so glad I could be there for you, even if it was in a small way. I have always felt that this was the time of year to demonstrate compassion and love, and I'm glad the collective goodwill of your blogging friends helped you get through this, although I too think you are a strong woman and would have come through this regardless. I'm sorry you're feeling a little sick- good health karma sent your way for a quick and full recovery.

Cheers,
AM

8:21 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Lisa,

I'm glad the holiday has past on by, too. Whew!. I think I was there for you, but for a while I was distracted by my own loving obligations here.

The tree is on the curb, as I am no kind of mother to a tree. You sneeze on it and it coughs loose its needles. Ah-chew!. I'd had to clear off the table I use to write on, for the dinner, and I can vouch it's the best gift. Nothing sets upon it again except my little lap top and a pad of paper.

Glad to see you're up. I appreciate your work with children. Some of us do make it ;-). THANK YOU!!!

-g+bb

9:32 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

That's it Ginab, ya got me -got me crying a little on that.That means a lot, seriously.
I'm glad that you made it through.
xoxoLisa
Also I think I couldn't have done that job if I'd had children of my own. I was able to keep just enough detachment to react just the right ways. Parents wouldn't have been able to handle a lot of this, I don't think. And I hardly ever cried at the time, it's nowadays I do all my blubberin.':)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Anne Marie, you are right about everything you say, and you really did help! I do hope you're right about my being strong, though.I'm strong protecting other people, but I need to be stronger about protecting myself.
xoxoLisa

9:46 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Lisa,

I sometimes think that a few friendly words is so little. But I'm glad if it helps!

It was good to read about your friend Rick. It's interesting how great a change people can go through in their life. Whatever one thinks about his choices, they were obviously a change for the better for him.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home