Monday, January 23, 2006

Today Is The Day...

It begins, but I feel good about it, I feel strong. Part of it is the reminder that I didn't have this 23 pounds a year ago.That helps a lot, it's not like this is weight that was on me forever, this is newer fat, so I feel like I should be able to get rid of it easier. Dunno if that's true or not, fat is fat. But it does help to remind myself that it's newer weight gain.
BTW, for the record, what was I thinking with 2 patty melts! One was plenty! Goes to show you how my eyes were too big for my stomach, heheh.
Ate the ice cream, etc. Even ate homemade french fries. Yep. Royal pig-out. I put double cheese on the patty melts, lol. I don't even normally do that, but I was on a binge.
This morning I am going to weigh myself for an offical number to start with. We know it was 23 the other day, but we'll see what it is now.

I have to go to the DMV today. Yuck. Although you know, I have to admit, I like looking at people. All the different people. Sometimes I have to control laughter that threatens to burst out of me, such as last time at the DMV when I saw this blonde kid wearing a black T-shirt that said " I Hate You". I'd started laughing when I saw it,the look on his face, his hair,the whole picture. The Mexican family sitting next to me had looked to see what I was laughing at, not understanding. I think they thought I was nuts. :)
So the DMV can be interesting. Les Claypool wrote a funny song once about the DMV.
Mentions things like " I sit and fight back the urge to scream, if I had my druthers I would screw a chimpanzee, call it pointless!" The song is called what else?DMV, if you want to hear it. I specifically pulled it out this morning for inspiration.

Oooh! I just remembered something funny to me, another DMV story: There was an Asian
man with a very cute baby boy, I keep smiling and looking at the baby. The baby
is looking at me and smiling, and he's making this funny little noise : "He...he...he..." It's hard to describe. It was like he was trying to say something.
He kept doing it, that's the thing. Looking at me, smiling, and saying "he...he...he." sort of monotone. I don't understand, but it's cute. A minute later, the man carrying the baby boy laughs at something that someone said to him. " He! He! he!"
It was such an odd laugh! Never heard anythiong like it! And suddenly the baby starts doing it again, " he...he...he" Well, I just started laughing really hard,
because it all made sense suddenly. But everyone got quiet and looked at me. I said " He's just so cute!" And everyone relaxed again.
But it was hilarious. Yep, DMV stories. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger AndyW said...

If you're into people watching and who isn't, the DMV rocks.

On Ticharu's blog he asked about how to spell evil.

DMV=EVIL

9:09 AM  
Blogger Model citizen said...

What's not to love about an hour and a half long wait in a really uncomfortable chair? :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Model citizen said...

P.S. Lisa Minnelli (lol), I just wrote about weight and some stuff I picked up at GNC, in my blog, if you're interested in reading. So far, it rocks.

10:12 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Hmm...in Michigan you check into the DMV online. No face-to-face interaction (I nearly wrote interection). But we don't have the lemon law. We should. Actually, there's a lemon seed law.

11:32 AM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hehe I love these stories from the DMV! It's funny though how people react to "socially unacceptable" reactions like bursting out laughing in public.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

LOL! So cute when kids imitate. Sometimes it's embarassing for the parents (but funny for others watching). One time my cousin (who has 4 kids) got to a family gathering and was explaining that she forgot to bring her salad. She said "As soon as we were on the road, I said "Oh, shoot - I forgot the salad!". Her daughter (about 7 at the time) pipes up: "That's not what you said Mommy - you said 'Oh shit'!!". LOL! Everyone screamed with laughter while my cousin turned beet red. They pick up everything we do, those little buggers! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I told you about the guy who yelled FUCK!!! at the top of his lungs in Best Buy once right? His DVD player was too big to fit in the shopping bag and he was upset they didn't have a large enough bag.

I'm on the 5 small meals a day routine, so far going great guns. We'll see if I can resist that apple pie that Nana made for me when I get home tonight.

Good luck with your diet.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Lisa,
I love your DMV stories. Good luck with your diet. I like that new fat/old fat theory. Maybe my new fat will melt like your patties.

Cheers,
AM

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

No lines in my neck of the woods. In fact when you go to the DMV you have to wait while they locate someone who knows what to do! And there isn't a chair, because there's NEVER a line. It's like that at the PO, the grocery store, etc.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Maiden voyage of Ticharu TV! The link is on Ticharu Gets Legs ticharu.blogspot.com or you can just paste this in your browser http://www.zippyvideos.com/7379469423380746/video_3/*ticharu

8:50 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

You could have passed that 2nd patty melt myway!

Well the amount of time that they make you wait in line in those places, you sure have the time to people watch, that's for sure!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home