Monday, August 28, 2006

I Will See You In Far Off Places...

I've been running around like crazy, trying to get ready for the trip to Asia. I'll be gone for almost 2 weeks. Bali was added to the itinerary, woohoo! The best thing about this trip for me is the very fact that I'm finally going somewhere completely foreign.Getting the hell out of the US, and I'm going almost halfway around the world! 16 hour flight, something like that. We are going to Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia,Indonesia. Obviously that's a lot of traveling, sight-seeing to try and do in a short amount of time. We'll see how it goes.
I'm fortunate that I found someone to watch my cats, I just don't trust kennels! I'm sure they're fine, but no, I lied. Ha! I don't know any such thing! They may NOT be fine,and may be filthy and disease ridden. And a lot of people hate cats and will secretly abuse them when no one is looking. I know I sound paranoid, but I once walked in on a co-worker ( groomer) slapping/punching a cat in the face.Held it up with one hand by the scruff of the neck, with the other hand whapped the cat in the face several times! I walked in yelling "Hey!" and about ...well. I was very polite and took over. But that girl is lucky I didn't slap her in the face. " How do you like it?" I would have said.
Ok, so that is wishful but naughty thinking. But the point is, I am now paranoid
about leaving my cats anywhere. I just don't do it. So they are going to stay home and have a friend, someone I trust, come in and care for them.
In other news:
I have a ticket for the Hollywood Bowl, for those that didn't know. I'm excited about that! Good seat! Or fairly good, anyway.
I'm in the terrace.
It was a freakish fluke that my computer worked for a few hours one day and I was able to get a ticket.The computer hadn't been working before then. But something had told me to try. Desperation, I guess. I turned the computer on, it powered up like nothing had been wrong! I ordered my ticket, and that was it! It then died, never worked again! Until now.
It worked just long enough in the past couple of months for me to announce that I was having computer problems and get a ticket...Weird.
Anyway,I'd better go run errands for the trip. Hope everyone is well. xoxoxo

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Have a fantastic time, Lisa. Is this a business trip, or pure pleasure? I envy you the destinations- places I've never been to.

-AM

10:49 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw , thanks AM! Pleasure.
But it's funny because I've envied you and others for having traveled far more than I have! This is my first time anywhere besides just south of our border.
I'd love to go to the UK, for example.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
I hope you have a great time on your trip. It is fun to go to the places we've never been to that are completely different.
I'm glad you were able to find someone to take care of your cats. That is terrible that kennels can't be trusted. I'm sure there are some good ones, but it's always the few bad ones that give all of them a bad reputation.

10:00 PM  
Blogger jeremiah1919 said...

I think it's wonderful that you're getting to go. Have a great time.
Broo
(p.s. I'm posting as Brother Melek because "Gnarzuul" is no more, but I still have my "Satanic Sermons" blog...I forgot to tell you that I also have a book out at Lulu.com, also called "Satanic Sermons". It's mostly made up of my stuff from my old website. Love ye.)

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home