Friday, September 15, 2006

Far Off Places...

I was trying to remember all the places we went, and it's a blur. Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan. I drank and talked with bar girls in Bangkok ( that's as far as that went, lol), wandered the Killing Fields, climbed the various Wats(temples)in the jungles of Cambodia.
Ate happy pizza. Don't know if anyone knows what happy pizza is. It makes you happy.;)
There's also footage of me in bulletproof military fatigues firing a machine gun. If you have enough money you can blow up cows with rocket launchers. But of course you must buy the cow.:)
I did not kill any cows.
The point is, I'm so happy that I grabbed the gusto! I lived! I'm so grateful that I had these experiences! I rode on the back of a motorcycle at night through the streets of Phnom Penh, danced at clubs. Swam in the ocean in Bali.

I never would have foreseen this in my future, many years ago when I was contemplating suicide.I need to remember this stuff when I get really profoundly depressed. Things change and I don't know what's around the corner. And it can be wonders beyond my wildest dreams! I know that meeting you all
has been a happy change in my life.
let's see if these work

6 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Happy pizza? What do they spice it up with? :-)

You really took the most of your time in all of these places. Rather than be the normal tourist, stay in the tourist center and on the tourist beach and have no connection to the local life at all, you participated and experienced. I'm so happy for you. And yes, anything can be ahead just around the corner, and there's no reason to expect it's going to be something negative :-)

Maria

7:53 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Heheh, there's a couple of different pizzas, a happy pizza, and a really happy pizza.
We had the regular happy pizza, which had marijuana as a spice. It was really very good! lol
The other, happier pizza allegedly has hallucinogenic shrooms on it. I just couldn't bring myself to ask for that one ( from the perpetually grinning waiter-perhaps he'd been eating his own pizza).

7:16 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Odd Note*
Smoking the herb is illegal. Using it as a cooking spice ( as it has been in Cambodia for a thousand years)is perfectly legal.
It really was very good! :)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Awesome posts, Lisa. I am so happy that this trip had such a positive effect on you. Travelling is truly the best tonic in the world.

8:55 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

bless you lisa, for bringing back some LIFE, into blogworld!!!! I am looking forward to reading, of your adventures. And, I am so "cuffed" to know, that you value, LIFE, as it is!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

xo
sue

3:19 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks Sue, that's such a sweet thing to say! xoxoLisa

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home