Monday, August 08, 2005

I Literally Died...

And I am now a corpse, sitting at my computer and writing to you.
This is my way of bringing up the fact that waaay too many people are
misusing the word "literally".
This is a never-ending source of amusement to me. The various different
colorful ways that people will use the word "literally" when they really
mean FIGURATIVELY! LOL

I dub the word "literally" as the word for 2005. The year of the word literally.
It's enjoying a previously unknown popularity. Some of the funniest ways that I've
heard it used:
" My heart was literally broken." And:
"I literally died." Or:
" My brain was literally on fire with ideas."

I am now vowing to eradicate this word from my vocabulary. I will instead start using the word 'figuratively" in proper examples more often.

Yep, the word literally is literally the word for 2005. Literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home