Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"Blinded By The Light...

Wrapped up like a douche unto the rumor in the night."
I was remembering something that happened to me last year, it's funny
after the fact. There's been a lot of thunder and lightening here just
lately, some pretty good storms. This is the story of what happened to
my old computer....

It was raining, raining hard. My computer was underneath a window.
I walked to the window, opened it a little, looked out at the night sky.
Felt the rain on my face, smelled the air... A faint rumbling sounded from
above. Didn't seem all that loud...
BLAM!!!!
The lightening struck right in front of me, the force drove me back onto
my bed, where I discovered that I couldn't see a thing.
Seriously, I was completely blinded for about 10 minutes. All I could see
in front of my eyes was white. I kept thinking that if I blinked and rested
my eyes, my vision would come back. But I'd blink and open my eyes, still white.
Just bright white.
I started crying, and was contemplating calling 911, because my vision just wasn't
coming back! It was going on far too long!
Finally when I really was going to call for help, my vision started coming back.
Maybe the crying helped.

When I DID get my vision back, I saw that something had happened with my
computer. Something terribly wrong.
It never did work right after that. It would just crash over and over, and every time
it would crash, huge chunks of stuff would disappear with it.
I had nothing on backup disks.
I had people try to fix it, but it was just fried. Seriously, the lightening struck my computer and almost struck me, and literally DID blind me for several minutes.

I can see the humor of the lightening incident now, but at the time it was scary as hell.
I suppose I sound like an idiot, but you don't understand - there was no warning with
that thunder and lightening! I would've turned my computer off long before then. I
know to do that in times of thunder and lightening. . . this just came from out of nowhere!
It didn't give me a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home