Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fisher Price Microphone?

Mike B didn't call me back, and I didn't have the heart to bug him,
I know he's really busy with everything going on over there. Plus
Thnaksgiving coming. This is a casual situation, I know he's not playing
games like T was..

And besides, I was thinking about this mic idea some more. I ought to
go to "Fry's" or someplace like that, and talk to one of the computer guys
that work there. He could pick a mic out for me, based upon knowing what
my level of computer ability is. Actually, I think they even have people
that will come out and help you at your house, which is something I might want
for this.
Heheh, but I was even thinking about getting a Fisher Price child's microphone,
on the grounds that it should be easy to install. But then I thought: " The irony
would be that one needs a degree in computer science to get the kiddie mic working"
Because I could see it being something like that.

In any case, I'm definitely going to do something about the mic situation in this next
week, I keep forgetting that Thanksgiving is coming or I'd take care of it sooner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow you're blowing my mind, Ken,
I do have a usb port, 2 of them apparently ( I'm looking at them right now).
And yes, if the camera picks up the sound, then that's it!
Interesting, very interesting...
Thanks, man. I might actually be able to pull this off, without spending a bunch.
xoxoLisa

7:39 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Now I think you're addicted to blogging. Now I believe you. tho, listen to Ken.

7:45 AM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Free recording software. Easy to use and will work with your current sound card. You can multitrack with Audacity also.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Model citizen said...

I bought a mic from Best Buy, it's blue and super easy to install. I used to have a huge karaoke setup with my computer at home...I even recorded tracks, it was SO much fun. I miss it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey, those kareoke setups are expensive, I was pricing around
on those and was shocked by how expensive they are! I could see
where that is a hobby that adds up,
cost-wise.
Hmm...cam and mic.Cam/mic thing.:)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Yeah leave it to Fisher Price to screw things up! Totally happens with the cheapest of things as well as those items with only RED, BLUE, and Green buttons! LOL go figure!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home