Monday, November 21, 2005

Upon Further Thought...

I did call Mike B. little while ago, left a message. But I had an
interesting thought while waiting : What if I bought a mic that plugs into the
computer, and somehow just record my guitar/vocals right into
my computer directly? It probably wouldn't even be that expensive,
to get a decent mic.
I'm so crippled by my lack of computer knowledge! I'm aware that one
can do these things, I just don't personally know how. I don't need a lot of bells
and whistles just to do a basic guitar and vocal thing.Don't need no stinkin'
special effects. :)
I also wish I had one of those video cameras that you can load into your computer.
Heh, I'd take video of the kareoke scene and post it. I've wanted to make a movie
about kareoke, a documentary. There's people that are aalllll into it, they don't
bother with trying to have a band themselves, they enter kareoke competitions,
spend thousands on those kareoke machines and the cd's. It's their whole lives.

And a lot of the good ones are totally stuck up snots! It's a trip! When I first went to kareoke,
I got snubbed, hurtfully so, by certain really good singers. I'd tried to approach them and tell them that they were good. It was weird!Puzzling.
But after I got up there
and did my thing, it didn't matter anymore if they were nice to me or not. Everyone else
was nice to me after that.
There is a strange element to it, for those people that take it so seriously. The humorless
people that don't try to go beyond singing covers of other people's shit. And are snobby
because they are good.
I've seen people get really mad because the DJ accidentally didn'tput the right person up.
Like, really mad. Face looking like it was going to explode- type- mad.
It's just best to have fun with the whole thing, and not take it so seriously.Jeez.

I hope Mike B. calls me today. But this mic idea is definitely worth checking into. I would
need someone to help me set it up. Hmm...

11 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

check into your idea....it's a good one.

my daughter went shopping with her friends this weekend, her dad was trailing discreetly behind, and she bought two t-shirts. both have skulls on them. now she is only thirteen, and a juicy couture and vintagetype of girl, she say's "look mom my t-shirts are so cute, they look like rachel's libertine outfits" cute huh? now would i be happy with skulls otherwise???
don't think she would have liked them before her mother let her watch rachel's fashion tips! some tipper gore i am eh?

keep on turnin' lisa
xo
sue

12:52 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey at least she isn't wearing those
jeans with her buttcrack hanging out!
And we know Rachel wears the cutest outfits. It's not that bad.:)

xoxoLisa

1:23 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

oh i don't mind at all. it really is cute that she really enjoyed that little segment. now we have a frame of reference....

1:36 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Heh, AND she doesn't think her mom
is unfashionable or un-hip or whatever words they are using today!:)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog, it made me feel good. I read over your most recent posts. I can't believe that man was speaking to you that way and touching you that way! Ugh! It sounds like you worked it out - hopefully you won't have to talk to him again.
I would love to hear some of your work - I bet it's GREAT. I definitely think you should try getting a mic for the computer. The documentry about the karaoke bar would be very intriging too!
I'm hoping that everything works out for you.
Thanks again.
xoxo

- claire -

2:09 PM  
Blogger Claire Eliza said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks, Claire,
you can see why I wanted you to read that cautionary tale!
Because you are looking to be quite a beauty, and it might be a good idea if always make sure that you take someone with you if you ever are going into a producers/musicians studio by yourself and you don't really know him!Even if he seems old and harmless at first, like T did to me. I'm so glad I didn't go to his studio!Yuck!

And I am definitely going to keep this mic idea in mind. The more I think about it and hear from you guys,the more convinced I am feeling about it.
Glad you came by, sweetie!
xoxoLisa

2:23 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

wasn't it me, me, who asked you for an MP3? Hmm? Tell you what, you start playing with the computer to meet your own interests and you'll be a computer whiz in no time at all.

I think it's unanimous: we'd love to hear your music.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

LOL.. you very well might have been
the person that planted the idea.
In any case,I wouldn't be afraid to
play my stuff for you, even though normally it IS kind of scary.:)

3:23 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

hey lisa,
please do the mp3 thingy (aren't i computer savvy.
i asked mikey to use mp3 downloads too, ...mp3 seems easy. but what do i know..........???

6:32 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I'm sure going to try, Sue! The more I think about it, the better it sounds.
Even when I asked Mike B about it, he said " Just some mp3's? That's easy!"
And if I learn how myself, then I'm set! :)

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home