Friday, April 21, 2006

New Profile Pic...

I actually kept that last one up for a while, didn't I?
Is that some kind of record for me? How long I've left a profile pic up (without ultimtely getting sick of it and putting up a new one). I liked that last one because I looked intense. Or at least I thought I looked kinda intense, anyway.:) Let's see, wonder how long I had that one up? I can check this out...
I had that last one up since March 5! That is some sort of record for me! Heheh...

This pic here has that funny soft old Star Trek effect to it, which is why I like it. I just now took the picture. This is the only one that came out softly blurred like this.
The old Star Trek effect is something we always joked about when watching the old original Star Trek. Whenever they would show a pretty woman, they would invariably use this hazy camera effect, a blurring effect. Later I noticed it all the time in those photography studio photos, "Glamour Shots" or Star Shots" or whatever those studios call themselves. The ones that do your makeup and hair and then take pics of you. That's a popular effect with them, understandably.
And in fact here I am using it, like I said. The hazy effect.
Wonder why only the one photo came out like this? There was a flash of white
today, just a small one, right before then. There actually hasn't been a flash of white light in the camera in a long time. Or the blurring, as a matter of fact. It hasn't blurred since that one time. Unless that's what happened there. I oughtta make a video to see if I can capture anything, strike while the iron's hot.

18 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

It is soo Star Trek! did you just not love the yeoman with the woven beehive?!!
xxoAmanda

6:02 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for stopping by on my blog and leaving little messages everywhere. I always enjoy reading your responses to what I write. As for this picture, it has a real softness to it. Ghosty makes an excellent shadow photographer, doesn't he?

Cheers,
AM

7:14 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

I really liked the other one BUT this one is great too! Just stoping by to copy your url and link you on my page!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Whatever the effect is called, it's gorgeous! You look so young and vibrant here. I only recently noticed that you are close to my age.

What do they say, 50 is the new 35? or something?

giggle

Love,
Brina

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Ticharu has been busy but you never know when he's gonna make an appearence!
Just like Captain James T. Kirk, beaming in for a quicky, and there he goes again! Love those alien momen!

7:28 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Hey you look ravishing. It's good to see you, as ever.

-g+bb

8:23 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hi everyone! Gina, Alecia, Brina, Ticharu, Amanda, Anne-Marie!
Aw, Brina, I think ye may have fallen for my April fool's prank - I very briefly listed my age on April 1st as 50.
And then I forgot, and left it up for days! A week, maybe more!
It's not far off, though. But for now I'm in my 30's, still. :)
I guess more people saw my prank then I thought! I just figured someone would have said something, so I could say "April Fools!" But no one did, and the joke is on me!I look like a very youthful 50! lololol

9:23 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

You know I was going to make a comment on how I liked your profile pic and here you are blogging about it. How funny is that! LOL. I really like this pic of you. Not too sure on the Star Trek thing but you got a laugh out of me LOL.

Come chat tomorrowl. I miss having you there! Hope you are well and feeling better!

X-Molly

1:43 AM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the note to Taylor, you are a sweetie!
And, I never believed for one minute you were 50, me, I am 1/2 way there......45 on soon! YIKES!

7:37 PM  
Blogger elena said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad that you are back!!!! Love is all you need, girl!! Have a nice weekend...

Love,

Elena
XXXXXX

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Love the new photo!

Just put audio on my blog...next stop, video! (hopefully...)

Sully
(that was my deletion before...had a small typo!)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, thanks Sully, you're very sweet!:)
And you can do the video, I've all the faith in you to be able to do it- Especially if I could do it, with my limited computer knowledge.lol
Oops! Hi there Elena and Sue, and Molly!Didn't see you gals there!Goodnight all! xoxoxoxoLisa :D

10:33 PM  
Blogger blue said...

Hi Lisa!

I LOVE your new pic. Very COOL!
Thanks for stopping by on my blog.
Your hearty comment really really ENCOURAGED me.You gave me ENERGY to keep doing.So I'm gonna try to write my profile on my blog.

Thank you Thank you Thank you..

Much love
Tomokoxx

P.S. Please send my "Hi♪" to Gee and Chicky. I loooooove cats.

9:06 AM  
Blogger wind-up-man said...

Hello Lisa,I hope all is well with you. Your Friend, Danny

5:31 AM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

If I were a single man, I would be headed your way. Beautiful picture beautiful women, and plays guitar to boot.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hi Tomoko! I'm coming by your blog again...
Hi Danny! Hope things are going better with you and your kin.:)

And Joe, thanks! That's very nice of you to say. And nice for me to hear-I apopreciate it. xoxoxoLisa :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Oops, I meant "appreciate" :)

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home