Thursday, September 21, 2006

Because I have such body issues...




I just now took these. I am holding a broom to push the button to take the pics. I'm so self-conscious and feel so fat in the previous pics. I already feel fat all the time, anyway.
And it's not even that I care if people are fat or not. In fact, I hate how mean people are about overweight people on TV and other places. And how focused and obsessed I and others are about it. I am dieting right now- as usual, actually.Yeah, I'm fat. I have no illusions. At least it's mostly in the right places. I don't care if others weigh 500 pounds. It's me that I care about being fat. But I do need to stop being so self-conscious about it.
I purposely put my kimono blouse on because it's in my current profile pic. But also, off-topic, there is a strange pink or reddish light that showed up in this shot near my face...wonder if it will translate in the transfer...*note: Hmm. It did transfer. What the hell is that?
*note 2* In most ways I am brave in life. Hell, I'm so brave it's stupid. I know this. :)
But this was the holdout. My one area of fear. Now you finally know what's below the neck/shoulders. So now I don't care and it's nice. No more fear. lol

6 Comments:

Blogger jeremiah1919 said...

So you think you're fat, eh?
Hmm. I guess that's like how
I think I'm a gnarled 4 ft. high
goblin with brown teeth and
body odour that smells like
boiled ham...

broo the gnarled

8:40 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Heheheh, point taken!!:)
Believe me, ladies ( and gents), my Bro does NOT resemble a Goblin in any way. Definitely gives me a reality check. Maybe it's living in So Cal.;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

LISA!!!!!!
I am so glad to hear from you again. i'll be taking a break myself but will be checking back often for tunes and wit.

London has been really fun and i hope you enjoy the upcoming adventures as i share them.

re: the whole body image thing try to relax--I KNOW ITS HARD!!. It is tougher on naturally voluptuous women and it should not be! Hell, we've been inspiring artists for a few thousand years!!
love
xxooAmanda

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks Amanda, you rock!
And your words help me.:) xoxoLisa

1:45 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Lisa, I'm brave in life, like you, and like you I sometimes feel "fat" when I'm not. You are clearly not fat.

I joined an all-women's gym this August and began working out there two weeks ago, maybe it's three weeks now...I have already lost pounds and feel better. I'm not a machine kind of girl, but I learned how to do the weight resistance circuit training and I actually....love...it. Yup, I love it. We also do classes there, and nutrition info.

Now I think you and I might have a similar build, and I just don't see you as fat. Or me either.

But I love your bravery.

Hugs,
Brina

9:40 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Heheh, bravery. Sure it's bravery? Not
stupidity? Just kidding. :)
Thanks Brina, your words help me.
I actually like walking a lot, I think that's what's kept me from getting bigger.xoxoLisa

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home