Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Full Metal Jacket...


This figuratively is one. This jacket felt like it weighed about 50 pounds. I think it's entirely made of lead, felt like it anyway. I also have a cummerbund-type thing under my blouse, only it holds my passport and money and stuff. I don't think I'd have trouble with pick pockets or cut-throats while holding this, though.

Drove down an anonymous dirt road out of Phnom Penh to a rural Army base where they don't pay the soldiers so well and they are always looking for a way to make a few extra dollars. I mentioned previously that one can pay for the priviledge of throwing hand grenades and stuff....

In fact,,,,, if you wanted to,,,, and I didn't,,, but if you did,,,, you could blow up a cow with a Chinese made rocket propelled grenade/"RPG". The kind you always see terrorists running around with. Of course you have to pay for the cow AND the missle. Don't feel bad for the cow. It's all over quickly for the cow and Cambodians certainly won't let perfectly good meat go to waste. They say if someone does pay up for the whole cow/missle 'expirence', the soldiers will hold a barbecue in your honor and you can have a big party with the troops, and you actually would be feeding a lot of people.

The weapons are all leftover, I think. Making money from a negative.
Tourists obviously will and do pay for the ability to play with the big guns for a bit. Anyone want to shoot an anti-aircraft cannon?? Got $$$$$$?? Well if so, you can!!!!! (not at real aircraft though......... well.. how much $$$ do you have? ;-)

WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!


4 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

That's just wild, Lisa. Killing cows for sport, I guess, is not much different from those safari/hunring reserves.

Cool post. Have you recovered yet?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks Anne Marie! I am finally recovering I guess it's sport. I really personally think of that as feeding people, since what sport can there be in it? Like shooting fish in a barrel:) I like the part about having a barbecue and also using other parts of the cow. No waste to the kill.
I coudn't do it, though. Not unless I had to, under extreme circumstances. :)

11:19 PM  
Blogger jeremiah1919 said...

After watching the video:
It's official. My sister is
a BADASS.
lol

(love ye! broo)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Lol, thanks bro. :)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home