Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Gwen Stefani Revisited...

I've written about Gwen in the past, I'd said that she
had become too thin.
I saw her just now on TV, and she is NOT too thin anymore,
she's perfect. Apparently she gained back the 20 pounds that
they'd recently forced her to lose. I recall she'd said that she
was " Absolutely miserable and starving all the time."
THAT was my gripe. I'd seen her in the "If I was a Rich Girl"
video, and I could count her ribs. She had the hollowing look
around her mouth. She was resembling Whitney Houston at the height
of one of her coke binges.
I then had seen her live on stage ( on TV), in a tank top. Her shoulders
were so pointy! She looked so anorexic, and without all the heavy makeup
her face looked bad. There were dark patches next to the sides of her
mouth, I don't know what it was, but it really looked very Whitney Houston.
Her legs looked stick-like.
THAT was when I wrote about her in my blog.

She's back to looking great.. I saw her again in concert ( on TV)
on the morning news, and her legs looked great. So did her shoulders and face.
It was so black and white, she'd clearly put the 20 pounds back on. Her shoulders
and legs looked normal again, not so pointy and stick-like. You can't count every one
of her ribs anymore.
I really like Gwen, and I hated to see her succumbing to the Hollywood notion of
a perfect body. It's good to be thin, don't get me wrong. But when a girl turns around
in a backless vera Wang dress and you can count every single one of the vertebrae
in her spine, that's too thin. Or if she bumps into you with one of those pointy shoulders
and gives you something resembling a paper cut ( Now THAT'S pointy!), Then
That's TOO THIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home