Thursday, August 11, 2005

Why Republicans Are Losing Me...

I WAS a Republican, but they are losing me. I think
I'm going to re-register as an Independent. I used to be
registed as an Independent, anyway.
My big problem is the fact that so many of the governmental
decisions made by Republicans are made because of their
personal religious beliefs. I'm not allowed new
treatment for my spinal problems, because Christians don't believe
in stem- cell research.
Imagine if the Republicans were all a bunch of Christian Science Monitors, or Mormons!
Coffee would be illegal for ALL of us, there would be no medical care, medicine
would probably be outlawed somehow. For ALL of us.
Because isn't that what being a Republican means, now? Cramming the laws of the bible
down the throats of the rest of us? ALL of us?
It makes me mad because I believed in the republican party. I still disagree with certain
Democratic notions.
But the republicans are treading on dangerous ground, this increase in governmental
decisions being based upon what the bible says. Or what THEY interpret the bible
as saying.
It's decisions such as vetoeing( ?) stem cell research that disgust me. Etc.
And I'm not the only one! But I might be one of the only ones admitting that I am a
republican that is now thoroughly disgusted by the republican party's Christian- based decisions affecting all of our rights!

AND, it pisses me off even more because it makes me sound like I'm defending the democrats.
I'm not defending any of them. Democrats, Republicans, It's all a buncha crap. The two
parties are going off the deep end in opposite directions, these days. Choose from fanatical
extremist group A, or fanatical extremist group B.
I'm so disillusioned. lol
So I guess I'm going to switch to the Independent party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home