Monday, October 24, 2005

Kareoke again...

Sometimes it surprises me just what songs they have. . It's weird because kareoke is way bigger than I thought it was, in San Diego. And more "hip", I guess.
Like I thought it would be all redneck types, country music. The very first time
I sang, I did a Soundgarden song, "Burden in my hand" and it tripped me out that
it was even there in the computer! People do Nelly and 50 cent, it's there.
Sublime, 311, A perfect Circle, all kinds of stuff. Black Sabbath. I've done Cheap Sunglasses
by ZZ Top.

The music- related thing I was hoping would happen took another step forward today, and I'm
pleased about that. I want to talk about it, but I'm afraid, like I've said. Of jinxing myself.
I'm cautiously optimistic about a music- related project, let's put it that way. It's looking more
like it actually might happen. Knock- wood. Is the universe going to figuratively sodomize me if I try to talk about this? Take away the hope, the potential?
I got a call I'd been waiting for, today. I go Friday and start work on something music-related,how's that? I hope that
isn't too much said. I hope this all works out!
Damn my self- doubt! When I'm actually playing guitar and singing my songs, I feel confident,
good, but when I'm NOT playing and singing, I feel pangs of self -doubt. Questioning my skills,
when many things have shown me that people seem to like my voice, my music. I need to
just show up on Friday, the call finally came. This has been months and months in the planning,
waiting.
I'm so relieved that the call came, but now the other nervousness starts. I'll just practice this
week, same as usual. You can do this, Lisa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home