Sunday, October 23, 2005

Kinda Bummed...

I should've gone to Kareoke Saturday night. I didn't go. Didn't
really have the money, plus I was letting my depression get the best of me.
I've noticed that if I can make myself go, I wind up being really happy and glad
that I did go. It's like the applause lifts me out of my depression for a week, until
it's time to go again.
And the songs I do can be cathartic. It helps me to just belt stuff out, I can't really sing quietly
anyway. (See Kareoke list in previous post here somewhere. 50 songs, something like that)

Voices Carry -Til Tuesday- really cathartic, but as I've mentioned previously, when I went outside to smoke afterwards I was teary- eyed, choked up. I'd had girls, women, swaying and dancing in front of me asI sang that one. A lot of the songs I do are requests, Like "War Pigs" and "Fairies Wear Boots".

I'm a really friendly "chick" and when I show up, people come up and ask me what I'm going to
sing. I realized weekend before last just how connected I was in people's minds, connected with
singing, music. I mean, I knew that, but not to the degree that it has gotten.

There are certain exciting things going on, but I'm afraid to jinx myself by mentioning them.
It has to do with music, and that's all I'm going to say. If you are reading this, wish me luck.
It's a Gypsy way to keep quiet about
things that might go well. IOW, I read once that Gypsys keep quiet about things for fear
that they might ruin it. I probably said too much already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home