Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Chicky-Woo Bath Day
The picture doesn't tell the tale of his tantrums. I'm so physically scarred from previous baths. I got off easy this time, to the point where I could even get a photo or two.
Actually, I wasn't playing around this time. I was fed up with his prior bad behavior and put a sock on his head before I did anything. Sock on head, bathtub. Just a thin, white sock.
When I took the sock off of his head, he was already in the tub. Later, he started to act up again ( get really mean, despite my sympathy and gentleness). So I put the sock right back on his head. He got the idea, I removed the sock, and we were able to finish the bath fairly quickly.
This pic is the papoose-pic. He was exhausted, we both were. So he let me hold him for a long time, and put up with my taking pictures.

6 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

I've been told that cats hate water more than anything. Must be true :-) He certainly doesn't look pleased there, just too tired to do anything.

11:26 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

What an idea (the sock). A pal of mine carts her cat to the bath in a pillow case. It's effective too.

Beabs is a little tough but (big 'but') she goes solemn by the rinse cycle. lol!

Looks like you had fun!

-g+bb

PS: yepperoos, blamers are lamers. And I am going swimming. dunk!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hi Lisa,

*LOL*!! He looks like a little monk! A little monk with revenge written all over his face. *L* Funny how they weigh in their minds the worth of making a fuss (i.e. the sock threat) or just sucking up their pride and putting up with something. All that bargaining between you 2 without using English - pretty neat!

I bet he'll sleep soundly tonight! *L*

3:31 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Hey girl! Just read about your ongoings! Hope you are enjoying your iPod and things are still working out for you! I am here for you and I have been superbusy with things here and more drama with an old friend so I have a new blog and if you email me your main email I will add you to the viewing list.

Darling cat! A sock!!! LOL You cracke me up!

XX-Molly
http://spaces.msn.com/theballerinagurl

1:22 AM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Aww! Must have been difficult to give him a bath. Whenever I have to give my cats a bath, I always have my sister help me, she holds them down while I scrub the cat shampoo on them and rinse.
Good thing about giving cats a bath is that their fur looks shinier and fluffier.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lisa,
I had blogger problems all last night, as I was trying to comment on your wonderfully adorable looking papoose. He is *not* a happy camper.

I have never even dreamed of giving my cats a bath. I like my life just fine, thanksverymuch.:)

Cheers,
AM

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home