Friday, May 26, 2006

Whine, and Whine Again...

Things keep going shittily lately, culminating in my literally crying over spilt milk this afternoon. All sorts of crummy little things have been happening.
I haven't been blogging lately because I figured it would be better to avoid complaining,whining over spilt milk.
But yep, I dropped a gallon of milk and it broke, all over the carpet. I was tired, cranky, having trouble trying to lift the groceries into the house and into the kitchen. A big container of milk slipped out of my hand and fell onto the carpet.

It was like I broke, as well. All the piddly little irritating things, and all the larger, more worrisome things that have been happening lately just overwhelmned me, and I started crying. And then I started laughing, at the fact that I was literally crying over spilt milk. So then I was crying and laughing, simultaneously.
At that point I made myself stop. :)

Sorry that I've been such an inconsiderate blogger lately. As you all probably can understand, it's been such an intense time emotionally for me these days( with my ex- I've even lost 10 pounds, due to nerves)... Don't know what to think sometimes. And there's so much history there to leave in the past.
I really am trying to just take each day as it comes, live for today, all of that.
Learn from the past but not dwell on it. It's been really difficult sometimes. Plus
the whole trust thing. Jeez.
He trusts me and we both know it. That's part of why he's here nowadays.

One of the problems is that he expects perfection out of me. He holds me to higher standards than others. Other people are allowed to make mistakes, I guess. It's hard to describe. I'm talking about everything.
He's just basically been very critical of me, always. Once in a rare moment he said "It's because you have more potential than anyone I know". This was towards the end of the marriage. He knows I can do better, so he is pushing me to try. This is his reasoning, explanation as to why.
But between you and me he'll always find fault with me no matter what I do.
Clearly I'm having some low moments here right now...
Hard to be optimistic. And yet he and I have been talking lately. Fighting some, too, but more talking than fighting. Things have been different!
Partly because I'm not going back to the way it was at the end of the marriage.
I've changed for the better and I'm not willing to lose that.
But also because he is also trying to change and I see it.
Example: He bought me a video i-pod. It's a nano- type thing.
It's not a nano but it's supposedly a little bit better, actually. That doesn't matter to me, whether it's a nano or not! A video mp3 player out of the blue, a present!
See what I mean? He's trying, too. And it's been so great. Some really special times.
I'll have to focus on that. I admit I'm smiling thinking of the "nano", and how he'd surprised me with it. And suddenly I'm feeling ok again! What moody times I'm going through! I'm on a rollercoaster of emotions. Wish me luck that I don't get sick from the crazy ride!

15 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Lisa,
I can understand how intense things are for you right now- so much history, and so much hope for the future at the same time, you're bound to have temporal collisions.

I hope you will find the time this weekend to just enjoy the *now* and be proud of all the changes you've made and what an awesome person you've become.

*hugs* for the moodies

-AM

7:45 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hey Lisa,

Hey, that Ipod is just like mine! :)

Nobody is perfect, so nobody should expect perfection from another person - it's a lot of stress to carry for that person. Everyone's human, right?

I hope things start to get less stressful for you - no more crying over spilled milk, as they say! *wink*

A big hug from me and Sammy! :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger blue said...

Hi Lisa!

The distance between you and him getting closer..I know that's why both of you are TRYING to change.
I think LOVING IS TRYING in a sense.

All of us on the planet have FINE day,sometime RAINY day.Whining is not a bad thing.You can whine to me anytime...

OH!I looove pics of you and "out of a blue" present from him.You look adorable and happy.
Yep♪

Hugs over the Pacific Ocean

Tomoko xx

5:56 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw Thanks Anne Marie, Mary Beth, and Tomoko!
It helps having you guys to "talk" to.
Even though it's hard to write about sometimes. xoxoxoLisa

9:20 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

Some of the best marriage advice I ever had was to let go of each other. Simple advice, not easy to do - but very true.

Hope your having a great weekend, rollercoasters, spilt milk and all!

xx

9:43 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

God I hear you on that, Alecia!Most difficult- but true! I have kept that mindset all along. I have to. :(
I don't really trust him. That keeps me grounded in a sad reality. Sad if I
dwell on it.
Thanks for the sage advice Alecia, it really is true. It's those seemingly simple, short words of advice that are often the truest.You notice that? The most true, but also the hardest to really actually follow them!:)xoxoLisa

11:56 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

This will put a smile on your face...
I posted this clip which was shot a few years ago in my blog comments but I had to post it here just for you! :-)

Steven Tyler Sings National Anthem

10:03 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Oh, think of Heart's "Dog and Butterfly" which I had wanted to remember for your last post. The song is peaceful, and easy; free, without expectations.

4:29 AM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Hi Lisa!

Don't worry about the bitching, this is something everyone needs to do sometimes, to let it out. I think that's very much to be expected, to have a real storm in your head and heart. You're both doing the right thing I think, trying your best. That's important - and it's of course important to say if what the other is doing doesn't feel right. Good luck on this road dear Lisa! *hug*

4:05 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Oh, repeating what I've said before: I'm certain that you're strong enough to follow your own heart and mind and figure out what you want with all this, whatever that turns out to be!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lisa,
You'll have better days ahead of you. Everyone goes through shit at some point, but if you can come through the hardest times, you'll get through anything.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hi Lisa,
LOL spilt milk.. I got one for ya.. went to the mens room today with my magazine all set to have a nice read.. then the temp from sales comes to the next stall.. he's a footback fanatic.. nuts about the 49ers. Anyhow, I'm trying to read you see, nice songwriter type articles, there I was trying to concentrate, and all of a sudden I hear a radio show from the next stall. Turns out he is so nuts about football, he can get a football radio show on his cell phone.. I must have read the same line about 5 times before I gave up and went back to work..

Oh.. and the other day, went for my nice peaceful walk, but stopped to have a picnic lunch beforehand, there I was sitting on my coat eating my sandwich when the sprinklers went off soaking me and my lunch... For the rest of the afternoon all I thought about was the song "MacArthur's Park", you know, the one that says "Someone left a cake out in the rain...."

Well, spilt milk ay.

Don't be a stranger.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Aww honey,
I read that you're going through a rough time.

*hugs*

AM

6:07 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Just wanted to give you a nudge of support.

Bea Bea sends her love, too!

-g+bb

6:37 PM  
Blogger Bri said...

Dear Lisa, I was just wondering how things have been for you...last I checked, you were sort of "reunited" and happy. This entry makes me feel that rollercoaster feeling, which I also have with my guy who's kinda in my life again.

For me, it's best to focus on my groundedness and be true to myself and not get so caught up in the rollercoaster ride that can be the relationship.

I don't know if that helps you or not?
But I send you a hug, and a smile, Love, Brina

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home