Sunday, November 27, 2005

Glow Candles...

I don't want to forget this idea, so I'm writing it here.

Ok. I have been experimenting for awhile with glowing products.
Specifically I have used it to make homemade glow in the dark stars
and also I made glow in the dark candles. Yes. Glow in the dark candles in different colors.They are rad. I'm going to give a free plug to the online company.
You will know how to make your own in a minute!
Hey, I can take pictures of them!

Anyway, this company sells powder, paint, etc. I've been ordering glow in the
dark powders and mixing them with various substances like wax and elmer's glue.
lol. Yep,glowing experimentation. The candles were interesting.

You want to get some of that gel wax. Make candles however you would normally make them,with that clear gel wax, but mix some of the powder into the wax. They come in all colors, and this
is important: Apparently the more away from the color green, the less the glow time is. So green glow is the strongest, and you wouldn't believe how much that green candle glows.
But there is what I was going to say.
When you charge this stuff, it's really strong, the glowing. I swear, if I put
several of the candles in the highest glow state possible, I could almost see enough
to read.
See what I mean?
That's my idea! Why can't they use the glow stuff in an energy replacement way?For light, at least!
Say you had a giant, glowing beacon of a cool blue, lighting up your living room.
With the powder I could paint my wall entirely in colored glowing, let them charge during the
day, and start glowing when it gets dark. Just like solar, but without the trouble of the bulk of it and having to make sure they have those batteries or whatever the hell.
You get my point.
Glow power. There's glowing of all colors. they have white glow powder, but that's how I know the white doesn't glow as strong. Not nearly. I've ordered about all of them.
But don't you think they could develop some sort of new and improved glow powder that
glows extra brightly?
There's a source for a lot of electricity to be averted. Instead of lamps, glow powder.
Glow sticks, yes. but if you really want to light up a room, paint the walls. I'm
so tempted to do a little experiment on the wall. Maybe I can paint a big canvas or
sheet of paper with it, and see the glow potential that way.
www.readysetglo.com my fave glow colors are green, aqua, and blue. They also glo the
brightest.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hey Lisa,
Hey that's a Freaking Rad Idea! Glow Walls! What a concept! that would be so cool to have glowing walls.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Karel said...

Hmmm..that's a pretty good idea. I wonder if these materials have any toxicity to it though. I'm gonna look into that actually. This is brilliant!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Hey thanks, Karel! Thanks, Susie Q!
I'm going to try to get some pics of the candles right now...

6:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hey Lisa!

Wow, I can think of SO many uses for that. If you painted the walls all glowy, then if you're away on vacation, or out, people will still think you're home (so will robbers!). If you painted the inside of dark cabinets or dark crevices in the basement, you would never need a flashlight, or ceiling lights for that matter.

Boy, wouldn't that piss off the electric company! I don't know about US electrical companies, but you can bet that if they weren't getting all your money from actual electricity, Canadian ones would try to find a way to charge per watt of glow powder. LOL

You'll have to let me know how that olive paste is when you order - unfortunately my hair does get kind of dry in the winter climate here...along with my skin, which drives me crazy. Oh well....I'll just have to put in another order at Sephora to remedy that. Darn! :o)

Mary Beth

7:54 AM  
Blogger MsAmber said...

How about a glowing toilet seat? That way you can 'see' whether or not it is down late at night without having to turn on the light.
Glowing doorknobs.
I wish the numbers on my alarm clock glowed longer, I have to turn on the light to see what time it is (I use a battery powered alarm in case the power goes out).
If the walls in a kids room glowed bluish for an hour or so while the kid goes to sleep and gently faded out to dark. What a decorator's market that would have.
But I definitely want a lighted toilet seat.
MsAmber

6:41 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

The kids roooms, excellent.Toilet seat, excellent.Doorknob. OOh, the phone!The entire phone, not just the screen of a cell phone.Keys, house keys and car keys. Yeah, you've inspired me. :)
xoxoLisa

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home