Sunday, November 27, 2005

Life Is Like A Monkey...

(*Note:partial repost)
When my brother and I were kids in the late 70's, living in L.A, CA, it was a good time. My mom was hosting Tupperware parties,doing quite well with it. Even though gas was scarce and Carter was prez and inflation was crazy, for my family it was a good time. KMET, KLOS playing on the car stereo, cruising around LA. Laughing when we heard Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good" for the 1st time ( my parents loved it) on the way to Magic Mountain. Don Kirshener's Rock Concert. Cheech and Chong, George Carlin. Steely Dan. Eagles. Fleetwood Mac.
My parents had these friends,let's call them "W" and "P". They came back from a trip to Japan with a monkey.
Now, I didn't know the monkey existed, until the day we went over there to W and P's house. And there it was, in all it's glory. A beautiful monkey, sitting up on a high perch in the corner of the living room. I guess he liked sitting up high looking over all of us. As I said, he was beautiful. Shades of shiny brown and white mingled together, small and delicate looking, and I can't describe his face well for a reason. I couldn't really get that good of a look at him because I was too busy running from "poo" and shrieking in a girly way " AAAH! POO!!!" For that was the "catch" about this monkey. He had a bad attitude, and delighted in lobbing feces at certain people. Me being one of them.
He was beautiful to look at, sometimes he could be very sweet, but a lot of the time
he was throwing shit at people. Life is like that monkey. Sometimes nice, sometimes
beautiful, but sometimes throwing shit at you. Better duck, or try to anticipate the shit ahead of time.
p.s. Turned out the monkey was given to a habitat or something. He was better off,
although he really DID seem to enjoy throwing shit at everyone. : )

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeBoy said...

Very good story. Thanks for the laugh and the visualization of it all. Great comparison too.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Wow - that sounds like something off a Simpson's episode! LOL

1:51 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Heh, and it's all true!lol
Thanks, you guys. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Aw - you brought me right back to the 70s there Lisa!
Yeah what is it with monkeys throwing shit? I think it's only when they're unhappy though. I've seen tons of monkeys in the wild in India and they're very serene - but mischevious around humans in hotels.
I have cool pictures and monkey stories too, and it's weird, because I've been thinking about blogging about them...yet another sign that we must meet!

4:27 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

That is one funny story. I like stories. :-)

I thought 'lol' meant 'laugh out loud'. Shows where I'm at. I remember all of the music and stuff you list, and from that time. Hmm. lol!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

I always use it in the "laugh out loud" sense myself.
I'm glad you liked the story, Ginab.:)
I was thinking about posting more of my earlier stuff like this.
And thanks, Sue - I keep meaning to email/post with you more often than I have,I just got so busy with this webcam stuff!
Thanks girls, :)
xoxoLisa

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home